Padding the Log (Read 1908 times)

I'm a rear not front stuffer myself so I end up looking like I have terminal cellulite. Some of my shorts don't have pockets so on the longer races I put my jelly babies in a sock and pin it on the wasteband, yummy!
    I do NOT want to be following Jules during a race and see him reach down into a bulge in the back of his pants, come up with a handful of something, and then eat it.

xor

Especially as he seems to eat babies. Speaking of sport beans, jelly bellies/babies... I find it very distracting to run next to a devoted baby bean eater. Chish-chish-chish OTOH, when I am truly "racing" (and I use that term somewhat loosely), at least I know when a baby bean eater is trying to pass me.

jules2

Doug, on Sunday I have a 13 mile fell race with no feed stations, believe me you you get that hungry you would eat anything. One year for some unknown reason I took jelly beans not jelly babies, it was cold and the beans were too hard to eat and stuck to my mouth I was in tears of frustration.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

jules2

Just realised do you have jelly babies over the pond or just jelly beans http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/images/jelly_babies_bag.jpg

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

xor

Just realised do you have jelly babies over the pond or just jelly beans http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/images/jelly_babies_bag.jpg
            Not exactly... your jelly babies are more like our various derivations of gummy bears. Kinda like Smarties. In the US, smarties are weird little hard candies you suck on or crunch on. Like a poor man's sweetart. But everywhere else, smarties are chocolate-based... fat m&ms. Now, let's talk about getting pissed. And the difference between 'taking the piss' and 'taking a piss'.

Maniac

Now, let's talk about getting pissed. And the difference between 'taking the piss' and 'taking a piss'.
              What?

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I do NOT want to be following Jules during a race and see him reach down into a bulge in the back of his pants, come up with a handful of something, and then eat it.
                  Candy Corn. Wink

Vim

xor

Getting pissed. Over here => I'm mad as hell. Over there => I'm staggering around and if this is a sitcom or old cartoon, hiccuping. Taking the piss. Over here => there is no "the piss". Who says that? Over there => Your mother has a wooden leg with a kickstand. (I'm ragging on you) Taking a piss. Over here => Ahhhh. Much better. Over there => Ahhhh. Much better.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Not too, too guilty of this, but sometimes if I go for a bike ride instead of a run I'll turn the biking numbers into running numbers so that all of my workouts are in one place. Usually a 25M bike ride is approximated as a 7 mile run.
                      I don't understand why you do this? Why not log your bike rides as ... erm... bike rides?

Cause I CAN

I just post the distance, leave out how long it took me Evil grin
                        Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                        http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
                          I don't understand why you do this? Why not log your bike rides as ... erm... bike rides?
                          Purdey, what do you think the conversion rate of eating junk food while watching B movies to running miles would be?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

"I don't understand why you do this? Why not log your bike rides as ... erm... bike rides? " I don't really like doing that because it seperates my workout time into different categories; I like everything in one place, and since running workouts compose like 95% of my aerobic workouts I log bike rides as running. I don't like looking at the summary graph or stats and seeing one day where there isn't anything and trying to remember what I did that day.....now, if there was a way to put both bike and running on the summary graph.... "Purdey, what do you think the conversion rate of eating junk food while watching B movies to running miles would be? " Dunno, I think that might just qualify as a negative value.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Maniac

Purdey, what do you think the conversion rate of eating junk food while watching B movies to running miles would be?
                              I am sure there are some multipliers involved that are dependent upon the quality of the movie, length of the movie, amount of junk food consumed, etc....I'm also guessing that negative integers would come into play.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

#artbydmcbride

It's a UK thang.
                                Don't ask him about my fanny either. Embarrassed

Runners run