A good old fashioned runner v. jogger donnybrook (Read 1788 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You pansies are all joggers. Except maybe Spaniel. And Nobby. Scout, definitely a jogger. Eddy, the jury is still out. Clearly, you are not serious about the sport. Otherwise, you'd drop another stone or two. Jeff. Sub 2:30, or you too will remain forever a jogger.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Troll. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

MrH

If you stop to pose for pictures with fictional characters .... definitely a jogger.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

You pansies are all joggers. Except maybe Spaniel. And Nobby
          So obsessor is a jogger like me? I'm feeling pretty good about being a jogger now.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Why is it sideways?

Dude, it's simple. If you are covering ground faster than 7:00 per mile you are running. Slower, you are jogging.

Old, Slow, Happy

You pansies are all joggers.
              I am not a pansy, therefore I am not a jogger. Smile I am a runner. My Mama told me so.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

With me stout 'lil frame 'tis true I'll only be a jogger. But if it's a donnybrook yer after lad, you'll get one for sure.

Why is it sideways?

This not going anywhere. Look: RUNNERS RACE. They are FAST because they have the MENTALITY to be fast. JOGGERS just run around in their spandex and stuff for FITNESS. THEY do not take themselves SERIOUSLY. This is why JOGGERS cannot cover ground faster than 7:00 per mile. They also often wear colors that are not consistent with the MANLY nature of the sport. I once saw a jogger (I estimate 8 minutes per mile maybe even slower) wearing fuschia and tights. SHE was WEARING an IPOD. Obviously she did not have the testicular fortitude to RUN and this is why I call her a JOGGER. I once saw a runner he wore some SWEET SHADES in the winter time and he was flying down the road. Everyone just got out of his way because they could see that he had the MENTALITY of a RUNNER. He was on the way to the track to run 400 meter intervals and to develop his MIND through the use of his TESTICULAR FORTITUDE. If you want to be a runner you have to first develop the mind of a MANLY person why knows how to HTFU. This mind has 4 characteristics: 1. It does not THINK. IT JUST RUNS HARD AS IT CAN. 2. It concentrates on the SOFTNESS of SOCIETY and on RISING ABOVE the softeness through HARDNESS. 3. It prides itself on its TOUGHNESS. It knows that BELEAVING that you are BETTER is the pathway to BEING BETTER. 4. It thrives off of HATE. When the runner's MANLY mind looks down upon you it understands that you are very small and puny through your slowness and by hating the PUNY SLOWNESS of others the MANLY MIND grows HATEFUL and finds its SPEED THROUGH HATE. Runners : Joggers : : MANLINESS : Fuschia spandex.
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Jeff. 2:29. Also, what about yellow spandex tights? Runner or jogger?
                        Fuschia spandex.
                        I'm Offended.
                        MrH

And in support of Jeff's point, here are some runners wearing Aqua (note not Fuschia which is for joggers) just after they set the masters women 4x800 world record.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

This not going anywhere. Look: RUNNERS RACE. They are FAST because they have the MENTALITY to be fast. JOGGERS just run around in their spandex and stuff for FITNESS. THEY do not take themselves SERIOUSLY. This is why JOGGERS cannot cover ground faster than 7:00 per mile. They also often wear colors that are not consistent with the MANLY nature of the sport. I once saw a jogger (I estimate 8 minutes per mile maybe even slower) wearing fuschia and tights. SHE was WEARING an IPOD. Obviously she did not have the testicular fortitude to RUN and this is why I call her a JOGGER. I once saw a runner he wore some SWEET SHADES in the winter time and he was flying down the road. Everyone just got out of his way because they could see that he had the MENTALITY of a RUNNER. He was on the way to the track to run 400 meter intervals and to develop his MIND through the use of his TESTICULAR FORTITUDE. If you want to be a runner you have to first develop the mind of a MANLY person why knows how to HTFU. This mind has 4 characteristics: 1. It does not THINK. IT JUST RUNS HARD AS IT CAN. 2. It concentrates on the SOFTNESS of SOCIETY and on RISING ABOVE the softeness through HARDNESS. 3. It prides itself on its TOUGHNESS. It knows that BELEAVING that you are BETTER is the pathway to BEING BETTER. 4. It thrives off of HATE. When the runner's MANLY mind looks down upon you it understands that you are very small and puny through your slowness and by hating the PUNY SLOWNESS of others the MANLY MIND grows HATEFUL and finds its SPEED THROUGH HATE. Runners : Joggers : : MANLINESS : Fuschia spandex.
                            Quoted this, placed it into a word document, and printed 1000 copies to hang up around the house and town. This must be read! It also reminds me to get sweet shades to convey testicular fortitude.

Hey, nice marmot!

And in support of Jeff's point, here are some runners wearing Aqua (note not Fuschia which is for joggers) just after they set the masters women 4x800 world record.
                              Heh. By the looks of things, it was a tad bit chilly that day.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens