5k times (Read 1492 times)

Hey quick question......what was your time in your first 5k race......i just want to compare it to mine (28:14)
    2009 Goals (nobody laugh) Run 800 miles or more Run 12 or more 5ks Run 2 10ks Get 5k times in 25's Run a 3 miler in 24:29 or less Run in HM in October
      I ran 25:00 in 2006 But a few months before that I struggled to run a single mile in under 10 minutes... my first attempt at a mile was 11 something and I was gasping for air...
      Purdey

Self anointed title

19:05 I think. Do you mind me asking why?

I ran some as a kid, but don't remember what my times were. My first as an adult was in 23:08.

-------------------------------------
          5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
          10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
          1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
          Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

At age 16 I ran my first 3 mile run with my dad. I never had trained before. I had run a bit playing baseball, football, basketball in our yard. I had run a time trial mile once before this in 6:37. I ran the 3 miles in 26:40 as my dad pace me slow through a 9 minute 1st mile. The next day I ran the 1st mile harder (under 8:00) and paid the penalty hurting the whole way and ran the 3 miles in 25:40. It all depends on your age, your genes and how fit you are etc. etc. etc. The actual 1st race i ran my official time was 23:28 (about a month after I started to train in high school).
              Hey quick question......what was your time in your first 5k race......i just want to compare it to mine (28:14)
              Ok Yankeefan - a little friendly advice from a RedSox fan. Be very cautious in trying to compare anyone elses race times to yours. Everyone comes from a totally different place...we're all different ages, ran different 5K races, under different conditions, and we all have different natural abilities that either helped or hurt our ability to finish a first race of any distance and in any specific time. Almost any comparison you can pull will not really be a valid one.....and I know that when I compare myself to others, I almost always draw the wrong conclusions.... That being said...I ran my first 5K this past June in 32:00, second one in Sept in 27:00, and ran one two weeks ago in 26:40. When I ran my first one, I was averaging about 10/12 MPW and now my mileage is up to about 30 MPW (thus my improvement)....

Champions are made when no one is watching

you could get answers from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. Mine probably was technically 18 something since I only ran a few in high school. Then 20-some years later my "first" timed 5k of my second running life was 27:49.

Prince of Fatness

I don't remember. I was pretty young at the time.

Not at it at all. 

you could get answers from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. Mine probably was technically 18 something since I only ran a few in high school. Then 20-some years later my "first" timed 5k of my second running life was 27:49.
                    I agree with this statement. I have no idea what I ran in my first, since it was back in jr. high. Probably in the 22-23 minute range. I was fast as a kid and played lots of soccer. In high school and into my early 20's, I was consistently running around 20 minute 5K times, and had a PR of 18:57. I got back into regular running a couple of years ago. My first 5K that I "trained" for in the modern era, I ran 26:35. I have whittled that down to 25:25. There is so much variance in age, condition, goals, and body type on this board that trying to compare your time to others, arbitrarily, is not really helpful. I primarily just run against myself (and my sister-in-law). I I happen to place in my age group in a small race, then great. However, I gauge my progress by my own logs and improvement. As long as I keep getting faster and/or running farther, then I am making progress.

"I aim to misbehave."

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

Look up your age graded time (http://www.runbayou.com/Wavacalc.htm) ? That'd be more statistically valid. I ran my first 5k in 19:51 (age 32).

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Be very cautious in trying to compare anyone elses race times to yours...
                        And one of the reasons to be cautious, is that people who are running (much) slower than you do, won't be very tempted to tell you their pace... I haven't ran a race ever, and I don't know I will even run a 5K race (I feel tempted to try a trail race in 2009, but not a street race like more 5K's are). I'm a 46 y.o., short legged small female (5'1''), and considering my time for a 5K easy run, I think I would be able to run a 5k in 34 minutes...

Running in Belgium
                        Ann

Teresadfp

One day at a time

41:26 in April, 2007, lol. I'm down to a speedy 30 minutes now! Big grin

Giants Fan

My first 5K time was 23:15 at the ripe old age of 36.

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

I'm a 46 y.o., short legged small female (5'1''), and considering my time for a 5K easy run, I think I would be able to run a 5k in 34 minutes...
                              You'd probably surprise yourself. Your easy run times and just fine, but if you run in a race the excitement will pull you along and speed you up a little........You just might break 30 Mins..... GO FOR IT....there must be some nice 5K's in Belgium for you to run....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Gig

26:11 in Feb. 2006. This year I ran the same race in 24:27.