Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

Hello all. I'm Emilee. I live in chilly Maine (I dream of warmer weather). My hubby introduced me to this site a couple of months ago and I LOVE it!!! It's so much fun to check in on the posts and see what questions come up and to be a part of a group of people that are pursuing the same goal as me (that sounds a little sappy huh). Anyway, I'm trying to get faster and to enjoy running as a lifelong activity. I'm slow though, very slow, but consistent. Thank you Eric and everyone involved for such an awesome site!!
    sunkid

Hi all. My name is Helge and I live in Carlsbad, California. I have used runningahead.com since this past December to keep track of my training and I really like it a lot. I am currently training for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon in San Diego on June 3. While I have read some of the threads here, I mostly just use the Training Log function and I check the 1500 miles pace bunny standings once in a while for a bit of a morale boost Smile I'll join the long line of people thanking Eric for a fantastic job on this site!!!!
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And Sunkid will be running the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon in November Wink There are some great hills in Carlsbad that will serve as good preparation... Eh Helge?
        sunkid

And Sunkid will be running the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon in November Wink There are some great hills in Carlsbad that will serve as good preparation... Eh Helge?
          I would LOVE to! Two conditions: I BQ in June and the Flying Monkey RD (I heard he is a nice guy) helps me find a cheap place to stay in TN Big grin
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I would LOVE to! Two conditions: I BQ in June and the Flying Monkey RD (I heard he is a nice guy) helps me find a cheap place to stay in TN Big grin
            I am sure we can find a cheap place to stay... Big grin
              Hello everyone, My name is Rich. I reside in beautiful Burlington Wisconsin with my family. I have 2 lovely daughters and a son. I began running in October to recover from an injury. I was getting fat and needed to get back into shape. I broke 5 ribs acting like a kid racing BMX bikes with my kids. I learned I don't heal very well anymore. My youngest daughter jenny has been running track and field for 2 years and, oh boy, she's fast. She got me running and I love it. I has become my new drug. My wife Nikki began runing as well. We have made it a family affair. My goal is to run the Milwaukee marathon this fall with Jenny and finish in 4 hours or less. I think I'll make it if I keep training at my current pace. Eric, love the site. I added all my old mileage from my excel spreadsheet. Thanks for reading my ramblings.
              http://www.deardick.com
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay, another Cheesehead (I am displaced...been in MI for about 13 years, now)! Glad to have you here, Dick! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I should formally "introduce" myself, as I've already posted on here several times! I'm actually a friend of Eric's from college. Although I have found my way back to NY. I noticed a significant lack of NY runners in this string! I turned 30 about a year ago and decided I needed to do something to get in better shape. I had friends who were runners/were starting to run and so I decided to join them. I was NEVER a runner and I think I decided to do it just to see if I could. I'm addicted now and I ran my first race (the LI HM on 5/6) and am planning a 5K and a 10 mile race in the upcoming weeks. When I'm not running I work as a lawyer in Manhattan - running is my release. Thanks to all for your helpful and friendly posts. Very excited to be a part of this.
                  “I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down...” Abraham Lincoln

You'll ruin your knees!

OK, Rosa, you're in...of course we'll need some funny Eric anecdotes to verify your statement. The more embarrassing for Eric, the more authentic you are! Glad you're here, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was NEVER a runner and I think I decided to do it just to see if I could. I'm addicted now and I ran my first race (the LI HM on 5/6) and am planning a 5K and a 10 mile race in the upcoming weeks.
                      That was me a year ago...just ran my first 25k on Sat. I'm still not a *natural* runner, but I'm a runner, nonetheless. I'll never win a race or even my age group, but that's ok. I've even been last once for my AG and it didn't kill me. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Burninated Peasant

Hi everyone, I'm Michael. I've kind of been hanging around here for a month or so, but never left a note on this thread. I hail from Fort Worth, Texas. I did lots of running in high school, but quit when I graduated because my legs hurt. The aversion to seeking professional medical care runs deep in my family. Anyway, I spent a bunch of years (quantity to remain publicly unknown) as a fair-weather runner, too intimidated by the Texas summer to keep it up for more than a couple months - at least until a couple years ago. I had a miserable experience while skiing, as I was too out of breath the whole time to enjoy it. I started running in the mornings when we got back from the trip and have been slowly increasing my weekly mileage since. I ran my first marathon last fall, and now I have to avenge the butt-kicking (or really, quad-kicking) that it gave me.

You'll ruin your knees!

Welcome Michael! Glad you outed yourself! Several from the DFW area (me included) on this board Derek, Modal and some I can't think of right now. Please post early and often...Oh, and you have to explain the forum name...tchepsit... and maybe the avatar...curious, aren't I? Which marathon did you run, White Rock? Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nice to have you here, Michael! Smile
                            I ran my first marathon last fall, and now I have to avenge the butt-kicking (or really, quad-kicking) that it gave me.
                            What is it with longer races that make our quads hurt so bad, anyhow? None of my long training runs make my thighs hurt and I do at least 1 day of lower body weight workouts/week and my quads still hurt for days after a race....

~ Sarah Kay

Shiksa

I just joined this forum and look forward to participating. I'm Stacy, and I'm a mom in her mid-thirties. Smile I told everyone that I hated running. Then, I told myself that I both hated it AND I couldn't do it. Two years ago, I went on a backpacking trip which I love to do. I had 3 boys, so it was hard to find the time. They stayed back with dh, and I took a girl's trip with my sister and a friend. We covered 30 miles in 3 days. As I was coming back out, I began thinking dang... I am covering 30 miles in 3 days and I think I can't run? The next week, I started a modified couch to 5k. The rest is history and includes a pregnancy and a now 8 mth old baby girl. Despite taking some time off to birth a baby, I feel stronger than I ever have. I run! This summer, I'll be back in the backcountry with baby in tow. 30 miles? A mere walk in the park... Cool

Stacy
                              I make no apologies for my liberal use of smiley icons. http://www.BlakeHillHouse.com

Burninated Peasant

Welcome Michael! Glad you outed yourself! Several from the DFW area (me included) on this board Derek, Modal and some I can't think of right now. Please post early and often...Oh, and you have to explain the forum name...tchepsit... and maybe the avatar...curious, aren't I? Which marathon did you run, White Rock? Lynn B
                                The forum name is something I picked up years ago, but I've forgotten the meaning. I think it might mean "unpronounceable". The avatar's from homestarrunner.com. Long story there, but it's a "burninated" peasant from a cartoon (inside another cartoon) about a dragon called Trogdor. Yep, the marathon was White Rock. I was pretty frustrated with the result, but it should make the next one an easy PR.