Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

Swadvad

Hello folks: I just started running this past Nov. after watching my wife run consistently for over a year. I was really starting to feel lazy and knew that I needed to do something to maintain at least a moderate fitness level. A big benefit for my wife and I has been those times when we can run together. (She usually runs early mornings, I'm a night owl) That shared time together is awesome! Neither of us has much ambition to run a marathon right now. We just want to fit in a consistent fitness run between the kid's ballgames, swim practices, and homework. I enjoy reading the forum here. I am learning a lot. Thanks. Dave

Diesel Power

Hey all - I'm Rick, a semi-new person to the forums. I've posted a few times probably since this past August, when I started running again following a 5-6 year hiatus after high school (I think a lot of people go through that). After "graduating" from the Couch-to-5K program that I've heard wonderful things about, I dropped over a minute off my 5K time between 10/22 and Thanksgiving, down to 24:19 (of course, much higher than my high school pr of 19:59). Tragedy struck when I sprained my ankle in December. However, since I had zero health insurance at the time due to being in a new job, I could not go to the doctor until March. I have since rehabbed it, and have been green-lit back to running on the condition that I'll have to get surgery if I do further damage to the ankle (!). My non running interests include playing poker and watching movies. Of course, both of those have been cut drastically since the return to running last year. I work as an accountant (yawn...), and am taking classes to sit for the CPA exam (Zzzzz...). Anything else? Just ask!
      jillsey

Hello, my name is Jill and I have been using this site for about a year and I LOVE IT!! I have only posted a couple times, but I am here everyday and love reading everyone elses comments and stories. I live in Mt. Pleasant Michigan and have been running for 6 years. I ran track in high school, but it was more of a slow shuffle than a run and I didn't really like it much at all. Didn't run again until I was 24ish and for the first month didn't really like it much more than I did in high school...or so I thought. After running low milleage everyday, I decided to NOT run anymore, and just walk....that lasted exactly one day. I think I can officially call myself a runner now. I ran my first marathon in Detroit two years ago (4:07:56) and have run 3 half marathons since then. I am currently training for my second marathon, which I will run Saturday in Traverse City. I am hooked, I love running for the exercise, the endorphins and the excuse to carb load. My husband thinks I am crazy for getting up at 5:30 to go running, and doesn't understand why I walk around on cloud nine after a really good long run!! My non running hobbies are... spending time with my kids and husband, shopping, reading, golfing and drinking beer. Smile
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jill, you should get together with backroadrunner (Eryn) to run sometime. She is not far from you--in Lakeview. Smile I can't wait to hear how you like that marathon in TC (Lakeshore...?). That is one I would like to do someday. Maybe even next year. I definitely am hoping to train for the GR Marathon in '08, but if I feel ready for one in May I might do the one in TC. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My husband thinks I am crazy for getting up at 5:30 to go running, and doesn't understand why I walk around on cloud nine after a really good long run!! My non running hobbies are... spending time with my kids and husband, shopping, reading, golfing and drinking beer. Smile
            We have soooo much in common! Well, except for the golfing - unless you're talking mini-golf. Big grin

Michelle

jillsey

Well I am not a good golfer by any stretch of the imagination, and I don't golf often, but I had to try to come up with something else to put as a hobby so I don't look like a complete bore. I am so glad I came out of somewhat hiding and posted...there are so many neat people on here, and I think a lot of the women on here have a lot in common, being runners, wives and mothers. (ooops, did I say runners first?)
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think a lot of the women on here have a lot in common, being runners, wives and mothers. (ooops, did I say runners first?)
                Nods...and the skirt fixation... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BTW, Jill...e-mail me (harumph@gmail.com) for the password to the Ladies Locker Room. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

I am engaged to be married on June 9, 2007
                    So are you ready for the big day? Smile
                      I've been trying to use this site regularly, but life keeps interfering. However, now that it is summer and I have free time, I fully intend to change that. I'm training to get (back) into shape so I don't die at Army Basic Training come August.
                        WHY... can't we see your log?.... to see just what it is.... you are doing???

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

b/c i didn't know you could do that. but i fixed it now, so you can see my pathetic attempts at getting in shape so far if you so choose.
                            Gotta start some where. Big grin

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Big grin NM

Michelle

Well Im new to these forums, as I usually post on a Yahoo running group, as well as on Runango.com. Anyway, Im Robert, in my early 50s, and started running again 4 yrs ago to drop some wt(70 lbs so far) and avoid diabetes. Im originally from Scotch Plains, NJ. For the last 20 yrs I have been in NW PA, near Erie. Im a single dad to 2 grown sons, and got bit by the marathon bug at VCM on 5/29/05. Just completed my 8 marathon/7th state last Saturday at Sunburst in S Bend IN(and oh yeah, being a 50 stater is the ultimate goal)......Run Well All
                                "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race.........'