Newbie here :) (Read 882 times)

Hello everyone! I am somewhat new to running and new to this forum. I wanted to start by saying that in addition to learning a wealth of information from this site, I have learned about waaaaay too many gadgets that are now on my wishlist! Right now I run in regular cheap clothes and carry a small .50 cent kids football shaped waterbottle with a handle. Blush It is certainly a start. I have the usual story.. have run on and off for 4 years now, but I am finally serious about and enjoying it more than ever. I live in CT so running is fun and challening with the hills, seasons, and ever changing weather. I spent most of my days on the treadmill, but now I am becoming adventurous and going outside more. Sadly I am not big on cold weather so I will hide inside on the treadmill through the yucky days of winter. I love reading everyones posts.. lots of good information and some good laughs.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi, Sara--glad to have you here! Yeah, isn't the gadget thing crazy! When I first started running 1.5 years ago I thought shoes were the only big expense...heh, boy was I wrong! A year ago my lust was for an iPod...now I would kill for a Garmin! Big grin If you are looking to drop a few pounds, the Jiggly Joggers group (in my signature) is a really great place to keep motivated. We do weekly weigh-ins and 5% down challenges with each season. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Welcome, Sara. This is a great place to stay motivated - glad you found it!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

@shub1727 cold weather running can be quite nice. I really enjoy a quiet evening run just watching the stars. Smile

One day the world will be ready for you and wonder how they didn't see.

Hi Sara -- welcome! Seeing your progress on the graph(s) is really motivating. Nice to meet you! Smile
            2009: BQ?
              Hi Sara! Welcome. Don't apologize for your running gear. Back when I started that WAS the running gear! Good and simple and so was the fun and satisfaction from the sport - good and simple. No need to get gadget-crazy to enjoy running to its fullest! John

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

Thanks for the welcomes! I did join Jiggly Joggers. I am hoping to drop pounds, but I love eating. I'll try not to go gadget crazy though the Garmin 305 is enticing.

Anyone have pizza?