Boston/New York Vacation Any good races from July 18th - 26th? (Read 422 times)

My wife and I are heading out to Boston and NY at the end of July to visit some friends and I was curious if anyone knew of a good race during those dates. We will be in Boston for the first half of the trip and will be in NY the second half. I would prefer anything shorter than a half marathon but if I have to do something longer that would be ok with me, my wife might not be too thrilled about it though Wink Anyway, if anyone in that area can help me out I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
    mikeymike

Where in Boston? There's lots of good races around then. Why there's even a little local yokle 5k on Thursday night the 23rd in Reading, MA where yours truly is RD. Or at least there will be if I get off my ass and start doing the things on my list...

Runners run

You know, I really don't know exactly where, I believe it is in the downtown area. A 5K would be perfect. You might be filling your entry list 1 person at a time. Not to mention, a Thursday evening race, that would be a first for me!
        seeEricaRun

Awesome

My wife and I are heading out to Boston and NY at the end of July to visit some friends and I was curious if anyone knew of a good race during those dates. We will be in Boston for the first half of the trip and will be in NY the second half. I would prefer anything shorter than a half marathon but if I have to do something longer that would be ok with me, my wife might not be too thrilled about it though Wink
          If you're in the city, here is the place to look for races: http://www.nyrr.org/. NYRR has one in Central Park nearly every weekend (and sometimes twice in one). I'm not sure if they haven't posted the July Calendar yet, or if they are actually taking all of July off. Races in Central Park are fun if you haven't done one before, or haven't raced with a kablillion people before.
            or haven't raced with a kablillion people before.
            Thanks! I will continue to check that website. I have done a few races with large numbers in the past, never a shorter race though! Pack fever might be a bit of a problem there