Brooks Adrenaline (Read 916 times)

I'm thinking about ordering a pair.  Looking for some feedback on the shoe... anyone have any?
    xor

I rotate three models of shoe, and the adrenaline is one.  Whether it is the right shoe for you, I dunno.  Works great for me.  I am very hard on shoes because my biomechanics suck, and I can get 400-500 miles out of Adrenalines, where I might get 300 out of some other shoes.

They change the Adrenaline some from year to year, and I know lots of people who like Adrenaline year X great, but don't do so well with X+1.  This hasn't been an issue for me and I've been wearing them through about 4 years' worth of models.

Again, though, shoes are per-individual things.

hokierunner262

These shoes are great for moderate to sever overpronators. They've got a very well cushioned ride as well. I have ben running in the series since the Adrenaline 6's and just ordered around my 15th pair. Whether it's the right shoe for you? Only you can decide that by being fitted by a professional at your LRS.
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Adrenaline 8s and 9s are different. I think 9s and 10s are different too.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I have 8s and 9s.  I notice no difference though some shoe guy told me some thing was done... probably to justify charging $10 more on the MSRP.

I don't think I'll be replacing them though after the last few pairs get used up.  I'm enjoying running in less shoe these days. 

I think the 5 pair I've used have all lasted well and have been good shoes.  I get about 400 miles out of mine but pretty much move them to the treadmill rotation after 300 miles.  But I'm a "husky" runner so take that for what it is worth.  A lighter person could probably use them longer.   

I'm lighter and  use the Adrenalines as only shoes.  always have 2 pair to rotate & a 3rd for trail running (the ASR- version of the road running Adrenalines).. Have tried most all running shoes over the years & when getting serious again 2 years ago tried several others but came back to Adrenalines.  These are Brooks version for those with low to mod arches & mild pronations.  Fortunately I have a great source with discount & also live near Bothell (headqtrs), WA & outlet store.  Have used the 8's & 9's with success, will be ordering pair or 2 of the 10's soon.  Also have a Brooks TR4 (I think that's the name) light weight racer that is recommended for those who use the Adrenalines.  Of course you need to give yourself opportunity to at least try on different models/brands before serious running.
              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have 8s and 9s.  I notice no difference though some shoe guy told me some thing was done... probably to justify charging $10 more on the MSRP.

Dunno about the price, just know that the 9s didn't feel as good for me as the 8s, which was sad. Interesting that they feel the same for you.

not sure what the slight difference is between the 8 & 9.  I noticed first few times I used the 9 it was different & was not quite sure of the feel/comfort as they rubbed foot on the side of the heel  but once broke in they worked fine for me.

Menace to Sobriety

I liked the feel of the 8s better than the 9s, too, but didn't have an issue with either one. I'm in my 3rd or 4th pair of 9s now.  I've been in the series since the 6s. Supposed to be getting  some 10s anytime. Most of the online reviews seem to be favorable. We'll see. I usually retire them a little over 300 miles.

MTA: There is an MSRP price drop on the 10s

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I just took a lot at the online equipment log thing here -- a few more miles and I could have 800mi on my favorite pair of adrenaline 8s. I'm sure that is dumb wearing them that long, but I like them Smile

I just bought my first pair of Adrenalines (GTX 10)........and only have one 5 mile run in them thus far.  They are the most comfortable shoe I have had out of the box and am very hopeful in their long term place in my running equipment "tool bag."  I have run for 5 years in Asics.....which I still have a fondness for.  However, the place I bought my Adrenaline 10s has them regularly at $99.........whereas my Asics Nimbus were usually $120-$125.  I was only able to get 300 miles per pair from the Asics.....so if I get more from the Adrenalines, that is just another plus.

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

I've used Adrenalines since the GTS 6, and I haven't noticed much difference from model to model. Right now you can get GTS 9's on holabirdsports.com for 69.99. I can generally get "last year's model" for this price all year long, so I never have the newest. I'll wait until next year to try the 10's.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I have the GTS 9's and love them.   I've put almost 500 miles on them.  Usually, I can only get 300 miles out of a shoe before I start noticing that it's time to get a new pair.  Not the case with my GTS 9's.  I have no aches or pains at all.  I've never been so happy with a shoe before.

Of course, your experience will likely be different.  I just wanted to sing the praises of the Adrenaline GTS 9 shoe.  I haven't tried the 10's.

You can get the 9's at runningwarehouse for $69 right now and there's a coupon code floating around for another 15% off.  I have my next pair up in the closet waiting for me, whenever I'm ready. 

MTA my brain is in low mode today, I was all excited to spread the Brooks love but you wear dude shoes.  I wear chick shoes.  Maybe this post will one day help a chick out.  Feel free to ignore.  At any rate, the price for the men's shoe is the same at runningwarehouse.com  so at least something useful came out of my post!

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

JunkEe

I also am a HUGE fan of this shoe.  I bought a pair last year and put over 500 miles on them.  I tried two different brands since and decided this is the only shoe for me.  I too went to runningwarehouse and bought the last 2 pair in my size at the end of october.  I've already put 150 miles on one pair both treadmill and outside running and they still feel brand new.  I wish I could buy a lifetime supply!!!!

www.runjunkee.blogspot.com

facebook.com/RunJunkEes

Ostrich runner

I liked the ones I had, but I thought they wore out really quickly.  Now the Adrenaline ASR trail shoes I have are some of my all time favorites, and I had almost 1000 on them.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum