40s on the run - running away from Active.com (Read 1685 times)

Hi Arla - I've given it the once over, but haven't really perused it. I'm going to have to figure out how to download my Garmin info to my home computer and then transfer all that into the log here. I'll have to guesstimate the miles on my shoes. Hopefully more of our peeps from CR will make the move. Cripes, if nothing else, this page isn't all jumpy when I need to backspace to correct a typing error!!! Clowning around

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Hi, Another former CR loyalist. Old enough to read and post in a 40's thread. But not exactly "new to running", I've been running for 40 years. Can I still check in here? Just touring the whole site. Hi Econo, you are as omnipresent as zoom-zoom. CRaig

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

Hello, ProfromDover! We don't discriminate against anybody . . . unless you're over 49.9 . . . and even then we'd probably let you stay. Long time runner or new runner - Everybody's experiences are welcome. Smile

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

FstrThn2MPH

Another CR over 40 refugee.http://www.runningahead.com/images/forum/emo_black_eye.gif Black eye I transfered my log over to active, but some things showed up as planned training, some showed up as miss training and none showed up as completed training. My shoe data did not import. I've always been hesitant to keep my training log on line because I generally didn't like the log programs and felt I didn't actually have control over MY data. I was able to get my data off of the CR server and will keep it on my own computer from now on. I am looking forward to the community here and will miss the old CR site. And so it goes...
            Okay everyone - If you were able to download your CR log and have it saved on your computer, check out Eric's post at "News and Annoucements" importing your log to RA. Mine worked!!! Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!! Big grin Big grin And it happened within a few seconds ('cause mine's wasn't real big). YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

spdmotorbabe

Also CR refugee...trying to keep running with my busy schedule. Hope all the support here will help!

Runs with ALTITUDE!

OK, I just thought I'd see if I could rustle up some Cool Running refugee 40-somethings over here, or anyone else who likes to talk about running into your 40s and beyond! Arla
                Hi Arla and thank for starting this thread here. Smile I'll give Active a few more days...just until all us ol' timers from CR migrate here!!!
                  Thanks Leslie for the info. I found my log right away when I logged into activetrainer.com like you suggested. But now I can't figure out how to get it here. Eric's directions say to click on the tools button but I get some wierd stuff and not what he said I should get so I e-mailed him. Hello to everyone........rest day today. Jewels
                  But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                    I am a RA native and over 40 and 14 months into running, and I like the 40's on the run: my new 20's. How about someone starting an "Over 40" group, crew, pack, whatever? There, we could have our own forums, etc. away from the main board.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Guys see this http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/b744fd29d0dc47a5b4c857be61f037a4 , at the bottom of page one for instructions on how to get back into your CoolRunning Log to export your data. Also, there's information to other links on the http://www.runningahead.com home page. Ronnie

Top 'O the World!

Well okay then! Not that I did much "wandering about lost" in Active....but 'reading & following' I can do! Blush & I see lotsa familiar names in here Smile Hi Guys!!!!
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                          Wow Guys this is MUCh cooler.I'm here and happy Big grin !!! 6.5 today with a heat wave pushing 48f !! WOOWOOT The gang's (almost) all here !! Cool Joe Long May You Run ~ N.Young
                          Long May You Run
                          Wingz

Professional Noob

Thanks Leslie for the info. I found my log right away when I logged into activetrainer.com like you suggested. But now I can't figure out how to get it here. Eric's directions say to click on the tools button but I get some wierd stuff and not what he said I should get so I e-mailed him. Hello to everyone........rest day today. Jewels
                            It's worth noting that there are TWO "Tools" buttons. I'm guessing you clicked on the one at the top of the screen? Instead, click on the "training log" tab at the top of the screen, and then on the "tools" button on the left hand side of the screen. Welcome!

Roads were made for journeys...

Let me clarify - I did not download my log from Active to here. I downloaded it through a back door approach from CR directly to my computer, then from my computer to here. I did it with mine and my friend, Karen's log. If anyone wants their log from CR transferred and is having difficulty moving it, I'd be happy to help. However, it would require you giving me your password to both sites. The question is . . . am I trustworthy . . . Roll eyes Anyhoo - I'm happy to help anyone who needs it. I'll give you my email if you want my help: fatozzig@yahoo.com. Mtnchk - So happy to see you, Sweet Cheeks! How's Mairead Saph - Nice picture! Now we know who we're talking too! Anybody know how we post pictures in here? Who are we missing at this point: Shell, Salty, Sillybear, Carol . . . And you know who we haven't heard from in ages - Gale. I hope everything's okay with her. I know she had some issues she was struggling with. Okay - I'm off to bed. Had a great time at the tepanyaki bar tonight with the Bunko gals. We'll see if I can actually drag my butt outta bed in the early morning hours for a wet, cold run. Suppose to get hail, gusty winds, etc., tonight. Ick! Dead

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Anybody know how we post pictures in here?
                                [IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/ced53/TPFD-1.jpg[/IMG] The URL from a photo posting site like Photobucket needs to be inserted between the IMG tags as shown above. But, IMPORTANT, the square brackets [ ] need to be greaterthan lessthan brackets <>. There are two at the start and two at the end. The last icon above at Formatting provides the tags. Testing the photo process. Craig

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"