40s on the run - running away from Active.com (Read 1685 times)

Sierra Foothills Runner

Okay -- I followed you all over here too! Kind of avoided CR for a week or so, would check in every now & then, but it just wasn't FRIENDLY! But this sure is...actually printed out the past few months of my log from CR as I couldn't quite figure out how to import here...but just started over here from the first of this month & now I'm on a roll...looking forward to keeping up with all you guys. 45, female & loving the running -- committed to making it through this winter!
      Carol,Brian ,Salty and Tamara, Glad to see you made it!!!! Cool Jim,nice skiing and Very funny about the dog.Hopefully we have not stepped on too many toes here and that we will become assets to this fine site.
      Long May You Run

You'll ruin your knees!

Hopefully we have not stepped on too many toes here
        ...we have tough toes here, hope you all find it meets your needs. Sorry your old virtual neighborhood got blowed up!
        and that we will become assets to this fine site.
        ...already are. Merry Christmas all, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

madness baby

Carol,Brian ,Salty and Tamara, Glad to see you made it!!!! Cool Jim,nice skiing and Very funny about the dog.Hopefully we have not stepped on too many toes here and that we will become assets to this fine site.
          Okay, the fact that I just read this to say "asshats" and not "assets" shows that you're fitting in just fine! Zooms, you're in my head, girl. Welcome to everyone who's here from their usual home. Welcome to our little wonderland! Smile
          deb

...And I do.

Leslie~ I need help importing my log. Is your offer still good?
            Henrun

Checking in here. I'm way over 40 and haven't decided yet which running site I'll stay with. Don't need a running log because my DW, Marj, is an excel 'expert' and we've had our own log for several years. Did a couple of mile today with my Yak Trax on in the slush and 'icy'spots-worked quite well.

Top 'O the World!

REALLY BIG HELLO!! to all that I haven't yet said "Hi!" to ......... Smile I am soooo relieved to see not only our group coming back together again in relative peace, but also the incredible welcome that we're getting in our new home! Wink No run for me today.....sharp edge this am in prep for this: <[img]>http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/mtnchk1/Unassembled-snowmen-for-sale1.jpg<[> plus dental appt.....next phase of implants.....plus GD is home for Winter Break (!?!?) & while I may be done w/my Christmas shopping...I still needed to take her! Fortunately, a quick trip to Wally World is sufficient for an 8 yr old! Big grin A bit more of the sharp cold tomorrow & I should be on top of getting the house all ready for whatever family make it here Tues....& hopefully I'll be able to bust outta here for a bit Sunday & Monday..... Merry Christmas!! Big grin <[img]>http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/mtnchk1/SantaBaby.jpg<[ mg]=""></[></[img]></[></[img]>
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                btb1490

REALLY BIG HELLO!! to all that I haven't yet said "Hi!" to ......... Smile I am soooo relieved to see not only our group coming back together again in relative peace, but also the incredible welcome that we're getting in our new home! Wink No run for me today.....sharp edge this am in prep for this: <[img]>http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/mtnchk1/Unassembled-snowmen-for-sale1.jpg<[> plus dental appt.....next phase of implants.....plus GD is home for Winter Break (!?!?) & while I may be done w/my Christmas shopping...I still needed to take her! Fortunately, a quick trip to Wally World is sufficient for an 8 yr old! Big grin A bit more of the sharp cold tomorrow & I should be on top of getting the house all ready for whatever family make it here Tues....& hopefully I'll be able to bust outta here for a bit Sunday & Monday..... Merry Christmas!! Big grin <[img]>http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/mtnchk1/SantaBaby.jpg<[ mg]=""></[></[img]></[></[img]>
                  I didn't want people to miss out on these! hint: paste in the URL of your image, then highlight it, then click on the Insert Image icon above and it will bracket your url with the right tags. Smile

Top 'O the World!

Thanx!!! I was wandering around lost (as usual! Blush) looking for how to do this....thought I had it....Now maybe I do, thanks to you! Smile
                    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Queen of 3rd Place

Well, I'm still trying to get my log back, but one of the admins at active is on it. As a result, I havn't logged any runs for about a week, which is a bit of a drag but oh well. Maybe I'll just start out with a clean slate for the new year! I have a light week this week, it's odd, I always feel really sluggish during easy weeks (I cut mileage by 1/3 - 1/2), always worry that I'm overtrained, but then feel great getting back to my normal mileage. Either (a) those easy weeks are really needed or (b) the easy weeks are too easy and I never get loosened up on my runs. Confused Hope everyone's done with their Christmas shopping - I just finished yesterday! Arla

Ex runner

Top 'O the World!

Arla: I think I'm just gonna start fresh here!~ as in not worry about trying to move my brief log... Most of my stuff was/is on my Garmin anyway....& I saw something about Eric & folks working on possibly some way to integrate that....would definitely help w/redundancy for me....
                          Hi Everone! Awesome photos~Btb !!!!~Feeling fine after some stretching today.Finally using the nice Nordic Track skiier that Mom I.L. gave us eons ago.Up until recently,it's made a Great clothes rack.Now it's getting some use as a way to warmup for .5 hr before stretching. Speaking of logs, Eric seems swamped and I would just assume zero out my log and start new.I imported my old one that was around 900 miles,since Feb 07,but now it shows 3,430miles for the year !! Any ideas on resetting it?Planning Sundays LSD for tomorrow morn because of oncoming nor'easter. Starting to Really like this place as I see the people and features!! Big grin 48yy and running for 7 months after completing C25k Cool Joe
                          Long May You Run

Another Passion

LRN took some grief in one of his threads. I guess we all know his message and his intentions are the best. The natives are feeling a little overwhelmed at present but if they are a little patient with us and we are tactful It'll all work out.
                            I think the natives are being quite gracious under the circumstances and we don't know your LRN or his intentions, yet. His initial post was a bit of an affront to the community that already existed here, though I think everyone here understood he was well-meaning, he came off as, well, pretentious, or at least the title of his thread did. I, for one, am glad to see the influx of you all coming over from CR as I welcome all the diversity of running backgrounds, abilities, goals, information, inspiration, and encouragement... the latter of the two is what I have felt the most of from the RA community since I have been hanging out here. If you haven't taken the time to take a look at the Dinner thread that Jeff posted, please do so, there is a lot there that will give you some insights as to the feel of this sight from the community that has been built here. I think one thing you will find is that it is very light-hearted here, yet helpful and informative, without anyone coming off as pretentious. I MOST CERTAINLY AM NOT the most gifted or acclaimed runner here, but there are MANY here that are, but you wouldn't know it by the way they modestly help folks out around here. Anyway, I'm not coming down on your LRN, nor do I think anyone else was intentionally trying to "give him grief". If that was the perception, than I apologize on behalf of this community. I have never seen any kind of behavior like that from the awesome folks here and again, look forward to getting to know many of you as well as I am certain that you are a collective group of future running friends as well. (to help us out in getting to know y'all, please make sure you create your profile and make it public if you don't mind, as well as your logs once your importing is straightened out). May all your children be born naked. Big grin

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Queen of 3rd Place

rvelich - I can certainly see why LRNs post caused a bit of disgruntlement, the title unfortunately came across wrong. Hopefully it's all been straightened out. Also, I can see why folks here are feeling overwhelmed. I suspect you usually get a trickle of newbies to the site every week, not hundreds who know each other. Must be like a big party crashing your small get-together. Considering that, everyone has been awesome here. I like the "feel" around here. Good sense of fun. Lots of encouragement and good advise. By the way folks, you can donate to this site using paypal. Arla

Ex runner

Another Passion

Arla (or anyone else for that matter), please feel free to call me Rick. Wink Nice bikes.

Rick
                                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                                runningforcassy.blogspot.com