2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

npaden

Knocked out my last easy run of the streak for a while.  Current streak is up to 31 days and 188.4 miles.

Next 5 days are going to be my big test, 2 days with 600+ miles of driving with some mountains and snow mixed in, 3 days of downhill skiing with the family, of course the actual Christmas stuff thrown in the mix in there as well.  I've got 5 straight days of 1 mile runs on my training plan, we'll see if I can do it.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

I've missed a couple days in the streak as mentioned in the past because of some crazy + rare life circumstances, but intending to streak it out through the end of the year and all the way through 2015.

The secondary Goal:  Hit 100 miles in December.  That has been achieved as of today.  :-)

I also plan to run 5 or more miles a day for 7+ days consecutive or more, which would be a new record for me also. (4 days down, 3+ more to go...)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Closest call yet. I thought weather or an unplanned illness would be likely culprits to derail the streak, but I nearly fell off after daughter number 1 convinced me to take her to the newest Hobbit right after work. motivation wasn't exactly high after getting home but I did manage a single mile run just now in jeans and an Oxford to keep the streak in tact. I did at least change into my running shoes.

Ojo

Who would think I would be running in capris Christmas Eve Day?    My 7 mile run turned into an almost 9 mile run because it just felt so good to be outside -- 45 degrees with very light drizzle.

Sara

MM #2929

Who would think I would be running in capris Christmas Eve Day?    My 7 mile run turned into an almost 9 mile run because it just felt so good to be outside -- 45 degrees with very light drizzle.

45 a very nice running temp.     Here in VA it was 68 degrees F, lots of rain.  Nothing more fun to me than running when it is pouring..

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Able to start the day with my obligatory streak mile and haven't stopped running in circles since. Ready to  hop in the shower before tonight's Christmas festivities with our family.

Merry Christmas!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Cheer up Ginny, the days are getting longer.  3.6 for me and DW, 112 for the streak.  One week to go, but looking like we will finish next week in the polar vortex.

Merry Christmas! 8k on a sunny but very windy day. I need a long run or two to reach the mileage goal.

GinnyinPA

6 on the TM, for 32 days streaking and a total of 200.1 miles. December is 145.8.  We hit the road tomorrow, so the streak may not last, but I should be able to get 20 miles in the next 7 days for my mileage total.

on my way to badass

WTG Ginny!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Half Fanatic #846

We've had a few days of severe weather here in the south, and the constant rains finally let up about noon - so I went on my scheduled 8 mi trail run.  It's a technical trail even in the best of weather, so I wasn't sure what to expect after all the storms. It didn't take long to realize that the socks and shoes were going to get totally soaked, so I just ran down the little rivers that had formed in the trail and didn't bother to try to run around flooded areas - just splashed thru them. I did have to go around a few downed trees.  About a third of the way in I tripped on a root ( I average 1-2 falls every time I run this trail) and landed really hard on my knee - took me a minute or two to realize it was probably just a bruised patella, then was able to finish, but at a slower pace. I should really get knee pads for this trail - keepin' the streak alive!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

npaden

Baby steps here!  1.3 miles around the hotel after a 615 miles and over 10 hours of driving to get here.  Tomorrow is the next big test with Santa duties early in the morning and then skiing all day, but I'm pretty sure I can sneak a mile in, don't think it is going to be much more than that though!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I set a new PR by skipping five days in a row last week, for the first time in years.

Maybe I'm in the wrong thread though.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

justrundan

3.1 this morning while the rest of the family slept. 30 degrees, warm for WI on Christmas Day. Day 26 for me. Merry Christmas to all.

Dan

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

2 quick miles before the all day food marathon.   So when we completed 1 mile, DW high 5's me and says "congratulations". I said, " for what?"  She says " for completing the streak".  She was so disappointed when I told her there's another week.