2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

TripleBock

Not sure - Some days make no sense to run ... but a lot of days be forced is a good thing.  Friday - Sunday were hard as we were skiing and I had no desire to run ... so 3 each day ... last night it was at 11:25pm I finally ran.

Today it was good - I forced myself to run at lunch, becasue I wanted to play racquetball after work.

I have 2 more harder days left - We are skiing again 12/31 and 1/1 ... 1/1 being the hardest.  I am guessing I will be hung over and needing to get up an hour earlier than the rest of the family before skiing to fit in the stupid run.

I'm looking forward to the end of this. Not that I'm not happy to be able to do this... Anyone else feel the same?

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

FSBD

Not sure - Some days make no sense to run ... but a lot of days be forced is a good thing.  Friday - Sunday were hard as we were skiing and I had no desire to run ... so 3 each day ... last night it was at 11:25pm I finally ran.

Today it was good - I forced myself to run at lunch, becasue I wanted to play racquetball after work.

I have 2 more harder days left - We are skiing again 12/31 and 1/1 ... 1/1 being the hardest.  I am guessing I will be hung over and needing to get up an hour earlier than the rest of the family before skiing to fit in the stupid run.

Wait, 12/31 isn't the last day of the streak?

I'm looking forward to the streak being over.  I really don't plan on taking many days off between now and Patriot's Day, (I have 4 planned but I'm sure other things will pop up,) but I feel like sneaking in 1 mile just to keep the streak alive is kind of pointless.  I'd rather just take the day off and give myself the mental break than force myself to work out for 8 minutes.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

xhristopher

No Sir! You have to run Holiday to Holiday. The streak ends after you run on Thursday.

As for me, I guess I'm looking forward to it ending mainly due to my impending vacation and Goofy Challenge. Typically after a marathon I need a physical and mental break. Not that I've really been working that hard for this marathon...

Boston training starts for me on Feb 1st. I'm doing the Pfitz 11/Whatever this year.

No, it's 1/1!

My streak is like Led's, hopefully endless . Doing the last year's Holiday streak I realized it really works for me so I kept at it.

Today I decided I won't attend this year's annual New Years Eve local 5k. The weather forecast is not to my liking at all. It will be very very cold with strong wind and I'm just not that enthusiastic about running this particular race.

I should hit the mileage goal tomorrow, yay! I'm starting to realize I could easily up my usual assigned monthly mileage of 200 km to 250.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.7 today and 135 for the streak.  Ready to start the 2015 streak.

I'm looking forward to the end of this. Not that I'm not happy to be able to do this... Anyone else feel the same?

Today was the first day I said out loud, "Only there days left...big sigh". This has been very good for me in that I far exceeded what I thought I could do. But I'm looking forward to real rest days as I work on building my base and then shift into HM training.

The Holiday streak is a great motivator for me when weather and holiday busy-ness make for easy exuces to ditch a run. I operate well with structure, rules, and end goals. Count me in again for next year...but otherwise I don't plan to keep streaking.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

CT JEFF

3.7 today and 135 for the streak.  Ready to start the 2015 streak.

Excellent! 3.3 miles for mr with the dog.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Half Fanatic #846

When it comes to streaking, I usually only do a few weeks or months at a time, then miss a day.  At first I didn't think I could go on a streak, but realized I could run an easy mile or two on all my 'days off', which actually kept me loose (sometimes after rest days I would feel stiff).  That allowed me to go from 15-20 mpw to 40 mpw in the last few months, and to raise my minimum daily run to 4 miles usually (except for tapering).

For personal motivation, I frequently log my daily run before I actually do it (gasp!) - this gives me impetus to get out the door if I need it and I can cut it short if I want to, but still continue the streak by keeping myself accountable for running every day - especially helpful in bad weather or during busy times.

Maybe this will help anyone who would like to run more, but is thinking maybe they can't.

Good luck!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Intentionally Blank

Like Jancika, I started with a holiday running streak a while back and then kept at it because it was fun. I'm still having fun with it, but I am a low mileage runner, so running every day is not taxing.

Today I've met my December mileage goal . And I've put on weight in December, WTG!

TripleBock

Streaking in 2015 is not a goal of mine - Just the 36 days to January 1st

I should hit my 250 mile goal today, then it will be all bonus miles.  It was a good mileage goal as it allowed me to fit in racquetball and downhill skiing.

My only goal for 2015 right now is to get in shape for a 50k near the end of April - By "In Shape" I mean to be able to finish it.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Needed the streak, just because I need a carrot to chase. But, I don't follow directions very well.

Congratulations!
                          You have reached your goal!

Progress:

255.2 mi

Pace bunny:

240.9 mi

You are projected to complete
                          262.7 mi at the current rate.

Completed distance / day

7.5 mi

(52.5 mi / week)

Get off my porch

Excellent work folks!

My "Mileage" goal for December goal achieved, missed a couple days on the full streak though, but ready for the 2015 Streak to begin.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4 more with 2 days to go.  Weather is not looking good next 2 days, but I think we can push through.

So who has the highest, minimum run?  2.0 for me (several times).

keeponrunning

Failed at the streak, but with tomorrow's 11.5km run I will nicely surpass my mileage goal Smile

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022