Kevin Bacon on 'Six Degrees' game: 'I was horrified' (Read 406 times)

BeeRunB

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/08/tech/web/kevin-bacon-six-degrees-sxsw/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

He just had to invoke his character in Animal House: "Remain calm. All is well. All is well! Remain..."

Then he felt better.

Anyone ever play the game using yourself tying back to Kevin Bacon?

Any movie or film star?

A Saucy Wench

Man though this game got us through a lot of really long night shifts 19 years ago.  We ditched Kevin and would try to stump each other with other actors.  And we didnt count the random stuff they do on the google bacon number. Celebrity roasts dont count.  Nor do people walking up to Kevin and harassing him count.

But I guess by the new standards, my personal Bacon number is 2.  I had dinner with James Earl Jones when I was 3.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Singer who runs a smidge

Let's see, I was in undergrad philosophy class with Trelonnie Owens, who played basketball with Marc Blucas, who went on to be in Buffy the Vampire Slayer with Sarah Michelle Gellar, who's now in that show with Robin Williams ...

I'm sure that gets me to Kevin Bacon somehow ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

I sang on stage with Bob McGrath who was in The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland with Bill Barretta who was in Murder in the First with Kevin Bacon. But I was never in a movie, so that's kind of a stretch.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
          Joann Y

Nothing to see here.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I went to HS (2 years ahead, IIRC) with Neva Sills, DD of Second City founder, Paul Sills...John Belushi was a Second City alum and in Animal House with KB.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My wife was in an improv club in Boston and they did a couple movies for a festival.  One she was in starred some guy who was in a movie with Bacon so her number is two.  So if all the random iPhone videos count, that makes mine three though that feels like a reach.

An acquaintance had dinner with Lenny Kravitz. And, boom: http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/08/05/kevin_bacon_and_lenny_kravitz_both_have_penis_on_the_brain.html

so I guess my number is 2.

(mta: I'm really curious what Joann Y had to delete almost two years after the fact!)

Joann Y

(mta: I'm really curious what Joann Y had to delete almost two years after the fact!)

It will be forever a mystery Wink

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

She's not allowed to discuss it, per the injunction successfully obtained by Mr. Bacon's legal team.

Just a dude.

I think my Bacon number is 3.

I was an extra in a movie called Hard 8 with Samuel L Jackson.

Jackson was in a movie called Jackie Brown with Robert De Niro

De Niro and Bacon were in Sleepers together...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

BeeRunB

Another thread mysteriously rises from the ooze of the forgotten past. It's as if they're swimming to the top by themselves for one last gasp before entering the void.

Kalsarikännit

I see that Joann is back to morning drinking.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xhristopher

Nothing to see here.

Did you need to delete this after running with the Man in Chicago? After that you probably have a new Bacon number.

Joann Y

I see that Joann is back to morning drinking.

I like to call it mama's little eye opener.