Is It Okay To Run In A Cemetary? (Read 2197 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You're sick. Go lie down. Take two aspirin and don't call me.
    I would avoid running before sunrise or after sundown with Trent. It could end badly.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

Dude, you ran with 2 zombies.
      More often an incorrect quote tag - running with or chase? Since we have few zombies here outside of the statehouse, curiosity about actual zombie behaviour vs. movie depictions may help for future road trips to the South. Save the coffe and drink some green tea, it will help with irritability

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

JK is the irritable one. He is not drinking enough.
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I think it's time we all review the fine material created for us by the Zombie Preparedness Initiative.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JimR

At lunchtime I scooted up the road and was going to run through Elgin Mills Cemetery. There were picketers at the gates. The cemetery was on strike. How does a cemetery go on strike? I didn't even know they had a union.
              Fact: Running in cemeteries causes labour unrest. Beware of zombies. Toronto Star.
              zzz

I think it's time we all review the fine material created for us by the Zombie Preparedness Initiative.
                "What is the primary skill needed to survive a zombie invasion? An individual may practice superior marksmanship, wear the most fantastic home-built armor, and possess the best maps and equipment. However, if one can't run at least six miles without stopping, one is in a brief, flesh-rending world of hurt." Zombie Preparedness Intiative/Getting Away OK well I'm screwed. At least at this point. Gimme a few more months and then I'll be fine.

Menace to Sobriety

"The last time I ran past a cemetery, some guys with shovels started chasing me" My respects to Rodney Dangerfield.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

JimR

Fact: Running in cemeteries causes labour unrest. Beware of zombies. Toronto Star.
                    it ain't me. I'd never were that colour

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Bugs

Wow this is a really long thread. Run on the roads, not the graves, poop outside the cemetary. Our local cemetary has some the best little loop for hill repeats. I know they're are rooting for me to charge those hills.

Bugs

Long answer to first question: I avoided thinking about funeral service as a career...didn't want to do it because every time we got to do something fun as a family when I was a kid, the phone would ring, and Dad would have to go to work. "To help people," he always said. I didn't want that inconsistency and dissappointment for my future family. So, I got my bachelor's in biology with a double major in natural science/minor in chemistry. Then, I did a semester of grad school for a doctorate in pharmacy...hated it and decided to get out while I was ahead after just one semester. Then, I started thinking about working with dad, tried it, and loved it! I then went to mortuary school and did my apprenticeship and my internship. My dad is an expert embalmer and specializes in reconstruction of difficult cases, so I am so lucky to have learned from him! Answer to 2nd question: I've got some good ones. I will think about which ones to share and post soon...with names changed to protect the innocent. As a teaser, I had voices coming from a casket during a Catholic Mass once...quote> anxiously awaiting stories.... Or did I miss them somewhere?
                          JakeKnight

What Karla said. We were promised stories.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

I had a very long month of work with no days off, so I am feelin' kinda storied out. I'll revisit this thread when I get the wind back in my sails Tongue I'm afraid a lot of the really good crazy stories are a little too crazy and personal to share...I wouldn't want any of my families to feel embarrassed.

"Life is short... running makes it seem longer." - Baron Hansen

^ awwww ok. But after you have some time to relax I'd still like to hear some stories, even if you can't tell the best ones.