Vibram lawsuit/settlement? (Read 127 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Just curious what folks out there are thinking about the Vibram settlement (Vibram pays $3.75M to settle a class action lawsuit for unsubstantiated medical claims for their product).  I don't wear them myself, but I'm surprised I have't seen it on this board yet, and am curious as to what RA Vibram wearers think (and whether you'll be claiming your refund)

http://regressing.deadspin.com/the-scientific-case-against-vibrams-fivefinger-running-1575132888

Another article

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I stopped reading when it implied Sketchers had suggested their shoes would give you "Kim Kardashian's bootie".

That's like suggesting bench presses would give you Brooklyn Decker's chest.  Totally different dynamic.

ultramarathon/triathlete

I had to google Brooklyn Decker.

Now, I have to thank you.

Totally un-related, but I live in Brooklyn.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
        Gatorade Endurance Team

well, we men do love to look at paired fat deposits don't we?  not that this has anything to do with shoes.  but that's never stopped me before.

CT JEFF

The settlement was because Vibrams made the claim that their shoes are better for you than running on cushioned shoes. Luckily they didnt have to pay a settlement to NIKE et al. The refund is available to most who bought the shoes, and if you dont take the refund, the money goes to the Red Cross.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!