Average Pace - to the summary page (Read 1908 times)

Think about it...
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Trent- I don't believe Average Heart Rate has any value to anyone, yet the option exists for you to enter it in your workout log. Do you hear me preaching to Eric requesting for him to remove it?? If you don't think Average pace has value, then fine, don't use it. Average pace contrarian! (aka-Hater) By the way- You can make the same arguments against Average HR that you could for Average pace. Think about it...
      I don't mean to jump into the middle of anything here, but I would like to point out that Average Heart Rate is not a summary page item, so this analogy doesn't ring true. Furthermore, Average Heart Rate and Pace do have value on an individual run basis, just not really on a cumulative basis; this would justify Eric's decision to show them in the individual run page, but not the Summary page. That being said, I do believe it wouldn't be the a bad thing to have Pacew on the summary page. It wouldn't kill me if it weren't added, but enough people have requested this over a long period of time that I don't think it's a bad thing to add. Carry on.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Interesting thread

Lazy idiot

I like to run. That is all.

Tick tock

Hannibal Granite

Eric- I don't use Average HR. Some people do. Please keep it.
            The difference is that you are asking for him to add something that is not currently available (which would take Eric's time and effort) that would be of little use to most, if not all, users. Keeping something that already exists takes no effort (although eliminating it would take effort). There are parts of the log that I don't use as well, like recording what the weather was each day, but it does not bother me that it is there. In the same way if the average pace was added to the summary page I would just ignore it as it was a meaningless piece of information, I certainly wouldn't ask for its removal. My point is that Eric would have to have a good reason to spend his time, energy, and mental effort to add or subtract something from it. The "haters" as you put it have given plenty of good reasons why it doesn't need to be added, but there have been no good reasons given as to why it should be added or what real value it would add if it were there.

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

I like how this turned into Turtle Hate! Yes
                if the average pace was added to the summary page I would just ignore it as it was a meaningless piece of information.
                  Dude. Chill out. You are getting foamy spit everywhere and I just cleaned my monitor.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Why is it sideways?

Nothing to see here.
                      Pace is overrated. Run without a watch. Dead

Prophet!

Design your log however you want, I love it myself, but please don't be stubborn!
                        this line cracks me up. ! Stubborn, he is not! Da bomb, he is!
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Let's be crystal clear here: 1. This is Eric's log, which he has kindly shared with the rest of us. 2. Eric does not charge and does not ask for money for this log. 3. Eric has to feed and clothe himself, so he has a day job and a life; all his work on this log is done in his spare time and as a labor of love. 4. Eric has a request list that stretches longer than my daily commute. 5. With a long list of requests and limited time, requests and new features must be prioritized. 6. Unhelpful statistics can be given low priority without Eric and others being insulted.
                          JakeKnight

I sense a little elitist runner attitude there Trent ("exceptional runners/mediocre runners"), sorry if I got that wrong, we are all runners, and we are just looking for tools to help US check our progress.
                            Wow. I guess I should read the threads above the fold once in a while. Did somebody really just imply that Trent was "elite?" That's funny. I want to be elite, too. Note to Eric: here's my request - if you ever get around to putting average pace on the summary page, can you have a little check box so that it's optional. I'm not quite as elite as Trent (cough), so seeing my average pace would depress me thoroughly. Is there a thread up here somewhere where I can bitch and moan about the lack of a private messaging function? Cuz I want it. Now, mister. I want my money's worth.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

Lazy idiot

Is there a thread up here somewhere where I can bitch and moan about the lack of a private messaging function? Cuz I want it. Now, mister. I want my money's worth.
                              Use the search function... Evil grin http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/24db8d56998e416fa02153f289fbef5b

Tick tock

JakeKnight

Use the search function... Evil grin
                                Oh, snap. Got me. Of course, the actual answer was GIVE EM TO ME.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------