I can has Garmin... (Read 1384 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm glad you're enjoying Gremlin, Marcus! I love my Garmin. It showed me that I ran one of the miles in the Austin 5k in 8:40. For me, that's reason enough to play Handel's "Hallelujah" chorus. Unbelievable. Of course, it was downhill, but I'm still counting it! I also like seeing my routes in Austin and San Antonio - DH pointed out that it's a neat way to keep record of places I travel to. Running on vacation will be mandatory from now on.
      Now I want one. I keep saying I don't really need one. but I really want one Tongue
      Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
      djtaylor

You guys should take a look at SportTracks, if you haven't already. IMO it is superior in almost every facet to MB (MB probably has ST beat on the whole online viewing thing, although I think an ST plugin might be available for this). Oh yeah - and it's freeware, although you will likely find yourself making a donation since it is so well put together. Some screenshots are online at http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Demo/ScreenShots1.php MTA: Link

The Greatest of All Time

No, I knew exactly what you were saying. MB does not allow you to change the scale. Angry But if you can avoid those spots where the pace is really high (i.e. at a dead stop or nearly so), the graph will be condensed to fit the data. (Though not nearly as tightly as we would like). That's why I use a running start to avoid that "pace spike" at the beginning of the run.
          Gotcha. What you wrote makes sense now. Here is this morning's chart without such a huge spike as a comparison.
          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

The Greatest of All Time

You guys should take a look at SportTracks, if you haven't already. IMO it is superior in almost every facet to MB (MB probably has ST beat on the whole online viewing thing, although I think an ST plugin might be available for this). Oh yeah - and it's freeware, although you will likely find yourself making a donation since it is so well put together. Some screenshots are online at http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Demo/ScreenShots1.php MTA: Link
            I have that downloaded but have not really messed with it yet. Is it capable of the same type of charts that I have posted?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I have that downloaded but have not really messed with it yet. Is it capable of the same type of charts that I have posted?
              I haven't tried it because a) I have a mac at home and b) my work PC doesn't support some aspect of the Windows .NET architecture (whatever the f**k that as). But it seems that most users swear by it as compared to MB or Garmin Training Center.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

my work PC doesn't support some aspect of the Windows .NET architecture (whatever the f**k that as).
                You should be able to download it from Microsoft. It's free.
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You should be able to download it from Microsoft. It's free.
                  Yeah, I tried, but there's some IT lockdown action going on.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

Yeah, I tried, but there's some IT lockdown action going on.
                    Ahhh... Figured it might be that. Although it's odd that something like that isn't already installed.
                    djtaylor

For some reason I can't get the picture to appear on RA, but the direct link is: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Demo/FullImage.php?image=DetailChartZoom.png

The Greatest of All Time

I loaded last night's run into Sport tracks and the appearance is nicer than the software that came with my Gremlin, but I have yet to play around with the software. I was having too much fun with MB.

The Greatest of All Time

For some reason I can't get the picture to appear on RA, but the direct link is: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Demo/FullImage.php?image=DetailChartZoom.png
                          That's nice. Definitely more along the lines of what I am after. Thanks! Now I know that program can do it. I wonder if you can export the charts???

Non ducor, duco.

I didn't get shit for my birthday last Saturday so this was my gift to me.
                            No cake? No lovie? Next time buy yourself a car. I did that once and now no one forgets my birthday.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No cake? No lovie? Next time buy yourself a car. I did that once and now no one forgets my birthday.
                              Sweet...I have to work on getting the dids to forget mine next year.... Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

still alive

For the Mac you should check out Ascent. http://www.montebellosoftware.com/

Greg in ND

One day at a time.