New to RA (Read 1926 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Welcome, newbies!  Just want to mention that this is probably the only site that I subscribe to, not because the advertising is obtrusive, but based on its own merit.  RA is so well designed and managed, It is worth much more to me than what I pay annually.

xor

Just took a look at RW.  Spam is rampant. The masters forum there is almost all spam on the first page.

Long history at play.  It doesn't help that they went with a Frankenstein-ian kludge of an off-the-shelf product.  And then replaced that with the plain vanilla version of same product.  The good spammers all know how to trick that product.  The bad spammers ALSO know.

FWIW, it isn't like we don't get crap here from time to time.

Hey RWOLers....If and when you notice some junk threads, please don't freak the hell out.  BELIEVE ME, folks here are paying a lot more attention.

BeeRunB

Welcome, newbies!  Just want to mention that this is probably the only site that I subscribe to, not because the advertising is obtrusive, but based on its own merit.  RA is so well designed and managed, It is worth much more to me than what I pay annually.

Agree.Cool Many of us gave yearly donations before the ad-free subscriptions. It's worth it. Eric puts a lot of sweat and tears into this awesome place for runners. I prefer a yearly donation, as having had experience with ads I know it takes a lot of clicks to make any money from them. Eric deserves a paycheck from this.

Singer who runs a smidge

Per the Masters group, I never knew what qualified as "Masters", and thanks to y'all's descriptions, I now know it's 40 years old and up.  Gulp, I am a Master!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Agree.Cool Many of us gave yearly donations before the ad-free subscriptions. It's worth it. Eric puts a lot of sweat and tears into this awesome place for runners. I prefer a yearly donation, as having had experience with ads I know it takes a lot of clicks to make any money from them. Eric deserves a paycheck from this.

And then there are a few of us who will pay AND keep the ads active, because sometimes they are funny or intriguing or just plain nonsensical (for some reason I keep getting one for a marine engine mechanics school...not sure what that's all about or what would have triggered that on my end).  Sometimes something piques my interest enough that I will click.  Eric profits a little bit from my curiosity.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Per the Masters group, I never knew what qualified as "Masters", and thanks to y'all's descriptions, I now know it's 40 years old and up.  Gulp, I am a Master!

Me too. For almost three years now. I've actually known, but have been in denial.
              BruceD555

Great to see so many new folks here.

A friendly reminder -- consider a $10 subscription if you like what Eric is doing here. There's no big company behind RA...just one very hard working guy with a real knack for delivering more of what you need and less of what you don't Smile

Another RW sojourner lands. Looks like a nice place here and a bargain from my point of view. I never have been much impressed with Pluck and the live roll-out of a plain vanilla update is inexcusable on a commercial site. I'm looking forward to digging in here and leaving my shoe-prints around the place.

Train smart ... race smarter.

I won't join until the 2nd week of February next year.  I'm going to enjoy the last 80 days of me not being an offical 'Master'.  I'll meet all of you at that time Smile

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

xor

Right now, the biggest complaint is that it isn't that active here.  Well, 1) that's not a bad thing necessarily and 2) it would be more active if more people would join and post rather than not joining and not posting.

Yeehaw.

I'm yet another RWOL refugee. Smile

Amy

StepbyStep-SH

Looks like I'll be bouncing back and forth a bit - tough to give up the friendships I have over at RW, but glad to meet new people on a forum that actually functions. What a concept. Roll eyes

Anyone have a recommendation on a sub-group to join? For a not-quite master (in denial!!), running 2000+ miles/year and hoping to BQ next spring.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Queen of 3rd Place

And then there are a few of us who will pay AND keep the ads active, because sometimes they are funny or intriguing or just plain nonsensical (for some reason I keep getting one for a marine engine mechanics school...not sure what that's all about or what would have triggered that on my end).  Sometimes something piques my interest enough that I will click.  Eric profits a little bit from my curiosity.

I do this as well. Eric has done an amazing thing here, and has also been a huge help with the Running Wizard program. I don't know where he finds the time!

Ex runner

BexKix, Bagel Defender

Ping.

Weather seems.... calmer over here! Cool

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Anyone have a recommendation on a sub-group to join? For a not-quite master (in denial!!), running 2000+ miles/year and hoping to BQ next spring.

There are a couple of 2,000+ mile training groups here. They even accept slow runners that don't yet run 2,000 miles (like myself).

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000somethings

Slightly different vibe between the two, but both are good. Some very experienced runners in both groups. And I'm sure there are others. Try them out and see if there are any you like.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Seanv2

Welcome new people! I thought I'd draw attention to this thread which is sort of a "best of" RA wisdom.  Needs some updating though.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com