January Goals (Read 958 times)

Goals: 1. Stay injury free! 2. Complete Half Marathon 3. 100 miles Then I'll be on my way to a great year!
    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
      5. To help Mississippi with her counting skills.
      Nice... Blush (that's what I get for multi-tasking at work)

Michelle

Big Chicken!

Okay, I'm in! January is a huge month for me so... 1. Finish the Disney marathon before they sweep me 2. Turn 35 (on marathon day) without throwing a fit Big grin 3. Try running in the snow while in Germany (I HATE the cold and snow so this is huge) 4. Begin 15K training (goal for that is to run the entire thing under 2 hours; yes I am slow but faster than last month) 5. Eat better foods
        Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!
          1. Stay injury free 2. Run 250km + 3. Get to 25km+ in my long runs 4. Not to get too depressed when realizing that this will be the last month of my life where I'll be 30something Undecided

Targets 1) No injuries 2) Keep having fun 3) Some kind of PR

1. Begin and be true to the Higdon Intermediate Marathon training schedge. 2. Run in the morning! Regardless of weather! 3. Be gentle on myself in the Manhattan Half, remembering it is part of my training and that I will have just passed another qualifying hurdle that (for shame!) needs more focus than my running. 4. Stay on WW everyday so I can lose some freaking weight. 5. Yoga once per week. And the dreaded foam roller daily.
            2008 Goals
          • Run 1250 miles
          • Get down to 135!
          • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon
            • 1. Begin and be true to the Higdon Intermediate Marathon training schedge. 2. Run in the morning! Regardless of weather! 3. Be gentle on myself in the Manhattan Half, remembering it is part of my training and that I will have just passed another qualifying hurdle that (for shame!) needs more focus than my running. 4. Stay on WW everyday so I can lose some freaking weight. 5. Yoga once per week. And the dreaded foam roller daily.
              Renee, RE: Goal #4--Check us out at RA Running for Weight Loss. We're starting a new challenge on the first. We'd love to have you join us. Lisa
              I plan to be running as long as I can and have no plans to stop. --Frank Shorter

Oh Mighty Wing

oh man... 1. Increase to 4 days a week consistantly by March 2. Increase to 5 days a week consistantly by June 3. To run my half marathon 4. to enjoy the running
                ohanapecosh

This is a good idea - thanks for posting. It seems more manageable to target goals by the month than by the year. 1.) Run at least 4x per week each week 2.) Run 60 miles

Top 'O the World!

I'm still trying to define this for myself.....what I WANT to get accomplished vs. what I think is possible!! This is my 1st winter since beginning running.....Living in a snow zone (14" of new snow this week & real feel temp -2* just now!), I need to consider other factors....I don't have a treadmill....snow shoeing may be a good crosstraining alternative ....& I have my granddaughter full time, which limits me getting out of the house sometimes.....so, I think for the months of Jan/Feb I'll need to focus on quality more than quantity! - & I'm sure that I'll be refining that as I go.....So! 1. Get outdoors & run or snowshoe as much as possible (shooting for 3+ x's per wk) 2. Lose 5 lbs (refocus on tracking/journaling food intake as well as excercise) 3. Strength training 3 x's per wk @ min. 30 min. sessions 4. If the weather smooths out, start the 10K training schedule! Smile
                    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Dave

1. Stay injury free 2. 100 miles, at least 20 each week 3. Long run up to 16

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Slow-smooth-fast

250-300 MILES STICK WITH MY MAF TRAINING

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Another Passion

1. Stick to Hidgon Intermediate marathon plan 2. Drink more water 3. Run easy runs easy Roll eyes 4. Get some weight training in 5. Resume studying for CPCU exam Dead

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Beatin' on the Rock

I need this: visual evidence of my as-yet ill-conceived plan! Confused 1. Keep increasing long runs, up to 9 miles by month's end. 2. Add in a tempo, fartlek or interval run every week - hopefully my speed will be less pathetic! 3. Do some core training 2 x per week. 4. Eat less crap. 5. Stay healthy, now that I've paid for the Grouper 1/2 in March!
                            Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.

undue monkey

I'd like to get at least 100 miles, but ideally just get out the door every day. I think this will take care of the 7lbs that has mysteriously glommed on to my carcass in the past month and a half.

Running safely

1. Run 75 miles. 2. Pick out a 5 and 10 K training plan and find a race later in the year to really focus on. I need to run more consistently this year. Last year I had one month of only 20 miles and one month of 80 miles. I average 52 miles a month for the whole year. I need to stop the extremes and just get consistent.