Shin pain AGAIN (Read 551 times)

Due to a kideny infection and back spasms then a really bad chest cold, I had to stop running for some time. I ran once in 28 days. I have been back at it a little over a week and I am having problems with shin pain. Saturday I did 2 miles and was in a lot of pain at the finish as my log time shows. This morning I did only a mile and while not hurting as bad as Sat it was not great. Any ideas? Any advise?

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How many miles do you have on your shoes? I have found that once I hit ~250 miles I start getting shin splints more. New shoes has thus far helped a LOT. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

RunningHammer

I find a particular stretch (which i read is often neglected by runners) called the "Soleus Stretch" really helps to keep any shin pain at bay too. Try this page, scroll down to #5: http://www.halhigdon.com/15Ktraining/Stretch.htm Cheers Davey
          Thanks RH I'll give that a try! Zoom, I have less than a 100 miles on the shoes. Just could not believe that with less than a month off of running I could have this problem again and it seems worse than when I started running. I just need to relax and not push too hard. My mind has one idea and my body another. Doc told me to listen to my body when I started this and I need to remember it.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire