Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

and the hits keep coming!  great job everyone!  Myself:  All of these are my over 50 yrs old PB'S & best in 27 yrs.  

7th straight 100+mile mth

140 this month with week to go!

42 miles this week

40+miles 2 out of last 3 wks.

yea me & everyone else too of course!

xor

I ran a 50k today.  That was cool.

But my small victory is that I also ran a 50k yesterday.

And I managed the elusive "negative split double" (running the second day faster than the first day).

As Ozzy is fond of saying in Black Sabbath songs, "Oh yeah" and "Alright now".

RunsForCake

I ran a 50k today.  That was cool.

But my small victory is that I also ran a 50k yesterday.

And I managed the elusive "negative split double" (running the second day faster than the first day).

As Ozzy is fond of saying in Black Sabbath songs, "Oh yeah" and "Alright now".

You are amazing!  *claps wildly*

edr

actually ran fast on the treadmill the day after running 15 miles outside

daily victories make the next day much more interesting

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Took on Stn Mtn and won.  Raced 15 miler in Oct . Knees gave out. 17mile run yesterday on problems.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

2 victories today: First, I celebrated 14 days straight of waking up at or before 5 am.  Second, a 6-mile run.

I've done lots of 6 miles runs, but none of them have been before work.  It was a big deal for me because for years I would just lay in bed and think, "I don't have enough time for a run of more than 5 miles."  I set a 30-day goal to get up everyday at or before 5, regardless of the day (running or rest, weekday or weekend), and since then I've logged several 4, 5, and now 6 miles runs.  I'm home in time to help with my wife with our 3 boys and still get them to the bus by 7:15.  

Oh yeah, on top of that, it was raining this morning!  

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

2 victories today: First, I celebrated 14 days straight of waking up at or before 5 am.  Second, a 6-mile run.

I've done lots of 6 miles runs, but none of them have been before work.  It was a big deal for me because for years I would just lay in bed and think, "I don't have enough time for a run of more than 5 miles."  I set a 30-day goal to get up everyday at or before 5, regardless of the day (running or rest, weekday or weekend), and since then I've logged several 4, 5, and now 6 miles runs.  I'm home in time to help with my wife with our 3 boys and still get them to the bus by 7:15.  

Congrats. Welcome to the world of the night crawlers.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Loves the outdoors

That is impressive Smile  I try to avoid the world until 6:30am 

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

an amazing likeness

Dear 2001 Buick,

I saw you the other week with your fresh new hood, new grill and new windshield. I did notice that you've still got that nasty dent from my head in your roof.

Well Mr Buick, yesterday I lightly jogged 3.5 miles of a 4 mile walk.  Outdoors. Slowly. Funky gait - probably looking a little of Marty Feldman in YF - but none the less, it was indeed some jogging. 

Eat that my Buick friend, eat that.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Cool Jump Suit

Dear 2001 Buick,

I saw you the other week with your fresh new hood, new grill and new windshield. I did notice that you've still got that nasty dent from my head in your roof.

Well Mr Buick, yesterday I lightly jogged 3.5 miles of a 4 mile walk.  Outdoors. Slowly. Funky gait - probably looking a little of Marty Feldman in YF - but none the less, it was indeed some jogging. 

Eat that my Buick friend, eat that.

Good job Andy!!!

So bittersweet,
                      This tragedy
                      Won't ask for absolution;
                      This melody,
                      Inside of me,
                      Still searches for solution.
                      A twist of faith,
                      A change of heart
                      Cures my infatuation.
                      A broken heart, 
                      Provides the spark
                      For my determination.

Went above 70 miles in a week for the first time!  Capped things off with a brisk 14-miler in 1:40.

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy

Prince of Fatness

I haven't been able to breathe through my nose since Wednesday, but I ran today.  So I guess it's a victory even though it is stupid.

Not at it at all. 

Today, I ran.
                            Shikari1

Cotton mouth

Ran 20 miles today in 3:02- best time ever for a long run.  Froze my butt off but it was worth it.

Beware, batbear...

I really couldn't get up motivation today.  I chickened out of a run this morning, and this afternoon.  This evening ran around and I made dinner, and when I was done cooking I decided to forego the "eating" part of dinner and went out for my 40 minute run.

*sings* We shall overcome!  We shall overcome!

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.