Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

OK, this is a little late because it happened on Saturday, but I've been busy! I ran 9 miles, my longest of the year! As you can see from my training log, I am a 3-4 miler, and that has been infrequent because of my job tavels - but I am waaaay behind (40 miles or so) in catching up with the 1,000 mile pace bunny! I took a big ole bite outta him on Saturday!

Edited 4: typo

Ran 26 miles this weekend.  8+18 

Feeling pretty strong for my May 2nd marathon. 

nothing to see here.  

First double digit run this morning!  10.4 miles...preparing for the 5/3 RiverBank Run in Grand Rapids in May!
        Matt

2010 Races:
        March: Irish Jig 5K - 24:31 (new PR)
        May: 5/3 Riverbank Run 25K - 2:34:12 (new PR)
        June: Brian Diemer Amerikam 5K - 23:39 (new PR)
        June: Reeds Lake Run 5K - 24:48 (this race has kicked my butt two years running)
        September: 2010 Mackinac Bridge Run - 36:59
        September: Park2Park Half Marathon - 1:57:26 (new PR)

Ran first 5k in 17 years...the O'Hartford in Ct.  I took it slow and it felt great!

Gina

New PR for the HM - 1:53:34

First time under 2 hours!

2017 Goals
            1) Run more than 231 miles
            2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Matt -- Congrats! That is awesome - an under 2 is saweeeet!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

OK, this is a little late because it happened on Saturday, but I've been busy! I ran 9 miles, my longest of the year! As you can see from my training log, I am a 3-4 miler, and that has been infrequent because of my job tavels - but I am waaaay behind (40 miles or so) in catching up with the 1,000 mile pace bunny! I took a big ole bite outta him on Saturday!

Edited 4: typo

Keep it up and you will pass the 1,000 pace bunny.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

IMKY13 finish!!

WAY TO GO!!!!

I myself also got a PR for a half marathon this past Saturday - 1:57:3  First time under two hours for me as well. 

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Donn1

Uncle Dude

10 MILES:  First double digit run in nearly 30 years. I've been training for 8 weeks to run a HM here in Ohio. This was my first 10 mile run since I quit smoking......and MAN did it feel great! I'm 46 and have finally returned to my one true love, running. What a shame that I wasted 27 years as a pack a day smoker who just quit Jan 10th 2010. It aint over till it's over.

Donn Born Again Runner 2010 Half Marathon 4-25-10 Glass City 1:55:55 5K < 23:00 Just Run

RunsForCake

10 MILES:  First double digit run in nearly 30 years. I've been training for 8 weeks to run a HM here in Ohio. This was my first 10 mile run since I quit smoking......and MAN did it feel great! I'm 46 and have finally returned to my one true love, running. What a shame that I wasted 27 years as a pack a day smoker who just quit Jan 10th 2010. It aint over till it's over.

Awesome!  The run and more importantly kicking the cig habit!  ^5

Cool Jump Suit

Had my first 20 mile run this morning.  I had forgotten what it feels like to hurt like this after a run.  But I did it!!

So bittersweet,
                        This tragedy
                        Won't ask for absolution;
                        This melody,
                        Inside of me,
                        Still searches for solution.
                        A twist of faith,
                        A change of heart
                        Cures my infatuation.
                        A broken heart, 
                        Provides the spark
                        For my determination.

The Plodder

finished only my second ever HM, in 2hrs and 55 secs, a big slower than the first, but still pretty pleased.
                          Sjpcollins

I took 10 minutes off my 10 mile PB today in the St Annes Ultrafit 10 Mile, taking it down from 1.22.09 to 1.12.24. Although i havent done a 10 mile race since 2008 i am still very pleased with the result.

P.S. Still plenty of room for those who want to help make history:

http://www.coastersgb.co.uk/index.php

Marylander

In the past year (3/26/09 - 3/25/10) I have run over 1100 miles. I've run consistently for a little over a year now (from Feb 09) with a bit of sporadic running in 08.

Kirk

Pammie

Ran my first sub 25 (24:58) 5km today since January 2009