1000Km-621 mile club

2008 (Read 580 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

hoping to up the mileage this year, gonna try to do the 1000K in 3-4 months.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

hoping to up the mileage this year, gonna try to do the 1000K in 3-4 months.
      Hmmmm, not to be mean or anything, but Ithought this board was for people who were trying for 1000K in a year? Are you on the right board? Confused

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hmmmm, not to be mean or anything, but Ithought this board was for people who were trying for 1000K in a year? Are you on the right board? Confused
        Yeah, it's annoying when people do that. At least have the courtesy to get out of the club once you've gotten to 1000K.
          May I join? I'm thinking I might be able to manage 1000K in a year. Most definitely not 1000 miles. Now I just have to beat that stinking bunny. If I catch him at the end of the year, I'm having hassenpfeffer. Mmmm, roast bunny.
          Have you got a flag?
            This is great! This site is just filled with neat little "toys" for runner - geeks like me! Blush Well, I ran about 800 km last year.... not really any downtime except a trip to Paris...and....it's a LEAP YEAR. Smile Yep, going to try my best! I guess now that I've committed, there's no going back. If I don't make it....well....I really am running my own race.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

I ran 9barely) over 1000 miles in 2007, but I don't plan on so many races this year, so I think 1000 k may be the right group. If i find I am way far ahead I will move up to the 1000 miler group. Have fun everyone!
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                If i find I am way far ahead I will move up to the 1000 miler group. Have fun everyone!
                That's how I feel. I signed up for the 1000 mile last year but was benched with an injury and don't think I even made 300 mles last year. Cry I am still trying to take it easy on my ankle and don't plan on increasing my mileage until the swelling is gone. Can you believe it? Twisted it in April and it's still a bit swollen in Jan. Sad At least the doctor is letting me run again with a strong brace.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maggie & Molly

Hi, I tried to join the group but got an error, now I can post an entry. Does that mean that somehow I was added to the group? I know that if I do my runs as planned I can hit that mileage but also know that I can slack from time to time. I'm hoping that being accountable to you all will help me stay focused and catching that bunny might be fun!!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                  Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

We're all just trying to help each other out with this board. Everyone is welcome!
                      Hi, I tried to join the group but got an error, now I can post an entry. Does that mean that somehow I was added to the group? I know that if I do my runs as planned I can hit that mileage but also know that I can slack from time to time. I'm hoping that being accountable to you all will help me stay focused and catching that bunny might be fun!!!
                      Cherrie, You're in! Glad to have you with us. Kenny

Maggie & Molly

Kenny, thanks - I'll be doing my best to get the 621 in!!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

AnneCA

I think I'll stick my big feet in here as well, see what I can do. I'm doing about 12/week now, but I have a bad habit of taking weeks off here and there, so maybe the bunny will encourage me to be a little more consistent. Or at least up the mileage when I am running!
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

I think I'll stick my big feet in here as well, see what I can do. I'm doing about 12/week now, but I have a bad habit of taking weeks off here and there, so maybe the bunny will encourage me to be a little more consistent. Or at least up the mileage when I am running!
                            I see that blasted bunny in my mind when I first wake up in the morning! He won't let me rest...
                              I saw the 1000 mile one first and kinda gasped in shock. Shocked I'm a newbie, so 1000 km seemed slightly more realistic. Almost over an annoying ankle injury and then game on, Bunny. Anyone seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail? It's the Killer Rabbit...
                              Meg http://megs411nosmoke.blogspot.com/