1500 Miles So Go Run

2022 March - Almost Spring!! (Read 6 times)

jeffdonahue

54 days until my Half Marathon.  I really need to get some more longer runs in.  I think the most I've done is about 8 miles - was supposed to do 9 this weekend but dropped it down because I was on the treadmill due to another snow storm last Friday.

How is everyone doing?

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Whoa! It's March! Thanks for starting the thread.

Get those long runs and trust your base.

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
      5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

jeffdonahue

Got in just over 10 miles this morning - the weather is supposed to hit the mid-50s around noon but I headed out a little earlier when it was 40 or so.  So I still wore my light running jacket but it was still pretty nice.

Almost caught the bunny today - only about 1/2 mile behind him now.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Fantastic! I know you're glad to get that run in.

I'm leap frogging the bunny.

kcam

Keep up the good work, folks!   Jealous of that 10, Jeff.   I check this group daily now, motivation.🙂

Jeff (and any other streakers,), I'm at 65 days now!  I started Jan1 and have at least gotten in a one mile dreadmill run every day.  I've gone on several trips and that is where I always fail but not this time.  A week in Long Island to visit my daughters family and I ran every day (even in some 20 deg weather).  My last day in NY I ran in 10deg wind chill and the next I was back in CA and ran in 71deg temps.  Weird.  Now I'm in Arizona running in 60's/70's but key point - running every day.  Kind of can't wait to get back home and get in that satisfying training groove again.   I feel like I'm just keeping the streak going and not training.

jeffdonahue

Excellent job!!  It can be tough to get that mile in sometimes, but as you progress it does get easier.  I found that after a while my mindset went from an "am I going to run today" thought in the morning to "when am i going to get in the run"

I highly recommend getting them in first thing - gets it off your mind and you have that feeling of accomplishment first thing.  And eventually the streak will get long enough that you've put so much time into it that ending will take something serious.

But in all honesty here, I really feel like it has helped my running. It helps keep me consistent.  The short one miler on days after hard runs (like this morning after my 10 miler yesterday) I think it really helps with recovery.  And mentally it keeps another goal on my mind to keep me going in the hard times.  A lot of days the hardest thing is just getting out the door and I might go out thinking I'm just going to do a mile, but once I get started I feel pretty good and go longer.

Keep it up.

Keep up the good work, folks!   Jealous of that 10, Jeff.   I check this group daily now, motivation.🙂

jeffdonahue

Woohoo - passed the bunny this morning!!!   Hopefully I can stay ahead of him now.

How's everyone else doing?

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Congratulations! Are you feeling on track with your training?

Woohoo - passed the bunny this morning!!!   Hopefully I can stay ahead of him now.

How's everyone else doing?

jeffdonahue

Yeah, feeling pretty good.

I do need to adjust the schedule a bit because the plan I am on had this as kind of a down mileage week so there was really no long run.  So I think I'll just adjust the Sunday runs going forward to be the long run so I can get to at least 14 before the race.  That will include moving some of the speedwork because while today was only 5 miles easy, tomorrow is 7 miles with 5 at HM pace and I won't be able to do that the day after a long run.

Congratulations! Are you feeling on track with your training?

jeffdonahue

Long run was lacking again this week.  Went skiing with my son on Friday and my ankle has been hurting ever since so I did 6 today instead of my planned 11.  It felt fine when running, but still want to take it easy for another day or so.

kcam

Ran 11.6 yesterday mid-morning and forgot I had an appointment later that afternoon to get the first of two shots shingles vaccine.  Wife reminded me.  Got the shot and my arm hurts like someone hit me there with a 2x4.  Sleep wasn't great last night and feel beat up today.  Little off and sore all over from that run plus the effects of the shot.  Did manage to get in three miles easy though!  My wife had her shot too and she hasn't been off the couch all day. Rough one for her as she plays tennis every day during the week but couldn't muster up and out today.

I have a 10mile race Sat a week from this Sat.  Need another longish run and maybe one more lightish workout before.

jeffdonahue

Tough to get out there some days - nice job.  Had similar issue after one of my Covid shots - just felt crappy all day that day and it was hard to get out the door for the run.

I'm losing my focus this week completely.  Work has been stressful and a few things going on at home that have my mind spinning so it's been tough to keep going right now.  Also, everything has been on the treadmill lately so I'm thinking maybe I really need to start doing more runs outside and get some fresh air.  Today's run was supposed to be a 5 mile tempo run, but I just wrap my head around it mentally so I started off easy and threw in 4-5 quarter mile sprints to mix it up.  Felt pretty good but I feel like I'm off track right now.

And according to the radio today, it is officially spring, though still a little cool at 5 am for me.

Ran 11.6 yesterday mid-morning and forgot I had an appointment later that afternoon to get the first of two shots shingles vaccine.  Wife reminded me.  Got the shot and my arm hurts like someone hit me there with a 2x4.  Sleep wasn't great last night and feel beat up today.  Little off and sore all over from that run plus the effects of the shot.  Did manage to get in three miles easy though!  My wife had her shot too and she hasn't been off the couch all day. Rough one for her as she plays tennis every day during the week but couldn't muster up and out today.

I have a 10mile race Sat a week from this Sat.  Need another longish run and maybe one more lightish workout before.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

A rough week here, too. Fell behind the pace bunny. 
                            The shingles shot knocked me harder than my Covid vaccines, but it's still better than getting the shingles. Hang in there!

jeffdonahue

Agreed,  I had shingles a few years ago.  Not super bad but a spot on my abdomen that hurt pretty bad for a bit before I went to the doctor.  She just laughed at me, but the prescription cleared it up pretty quick.

A rough week here, too. Fell behind the pace bunny. 
                              The shingles shot knocked me harder than my Covid vaccines, but it's still better than getting the shingles. Hang in there!

kcam

I've heard some horror stories about getting Shingles so I decided to go with the vaccine.  My arm's fine now.