1500 Miles of Catch the Spring Bunny

March goals (Read 582 times)

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

I don't know.  150?  or 170?  I'll be tapering for a half on the 28th.  I normally don't taper, but this race has an elevation change, is a warmer climate, and I will be at a conference....so jet lag, dehydration and poor nutrition all come into play.  I want to take a little easy the last week before the race.

Oh, and do well in my half.

Plan says 218.  Yikes.  I know that's nothing for the serious runners, but would be a personal high for me.

With that in mind:

1) Stay healthy.  Listen to body.

2) PR 4 miler

3) Find another tune-up race.  Anyone recommend a good Ohio area 10K - half in late March / early April?

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

What's a serious runner? Big grin

Ohio half: ORRRC half marathon -

http://www.orrrc.org/calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2011/04/03/250/-/ODE3NjU3ZGQxZTBkMmZjYTkzY2YzN2IxYmM4ZDVkODA=/orrrc-marathon-a-half-marathon.html

It's flat, not overly crowded, and not expensive.

1. 250 miles

2. 10k PR

3. Lose at least 2kg  [I was 59.3kg on 1 March and I want to be under 56kg by the time I do the marathon at the end of April]

What's a serious runner? Big grin

Let's see... 41+ miles of racing in the past two days.  If that doesn't qualify you as a serious runner, you may at least have a serious running problem. Wink   Way to get it done in some lousy weather this weekend. 

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

As my dear mom says anytime I tell her something is her problem (jokingly, of course)... "It's not my problem.  It's my solution." Big grin Had you seen me running the Frostbite 5 in a jester hat, serious is probably not the first word that would have come to mind.

Thanks for the kind words.  Was a good mileage weekend. Your 195+ mile month of Feb is impressive!

RoadRunner

Run 175 miles and a 15K PR.  The PR will be easy... never ran a 15K before.

Didnt see one yet, so thought I'd start it.

Here's my goals for March:

200 miles

10 mile PR - hopefully sub-1:10 (PR is 1:14)

Okay, not sure I'm going to make the 200 miles because I'm going to take an easy week this week and last week was pretty low too.

but I did get my 10 mile PR and my sub 1:10 yesterday, coming in at 1:09:41 (well, official time was 1:09:46 but it took me 4-5 seconds to cross the start and my Garmin buzzed at 10 miles just as I crossed the finish in 1:09:41)

So I think I'll adjust my mileage  goals to 160 for now.

And really I got 3 PRs yesterday since my last10K and last 5 miles in that race were both faster than my PRs at those distances.  Big grin

2015 Goals

Run 1,800 miles

Do 10 minutes of core work every day

10 mile goal: 1:12:00 (Black Cat 10 miler - March)

Wow, Jeff, 3 birds with one stone!  Awesome job!!!

And really I got 3 PRs yesterday since my last10K and last 5 miles in that race were both faster than my PRs at those distances.  Big grin

Hmmmnn I have claimed that one before so I suppose we will let you have them Wink Big grin

It is a good feeling when that happens, well done.

Jerry
                        A runners blog-updated daily

1. 250 miles

2. 10k PR

3. Lose at least 2kg  [I was 59.3kg on 1 March and I want to be under 56kg by the time I do the marathon at the end of April]

1 - Fail.  227 miles

2 - Yay!! - 41.39 - PR by over a minute!

3 - Fail.  Half way though - 1kg down.  56kg for the marathon looking very unlikely now.

I don't know.  150?  or 170?  I'll be tapering for a half on the 28th.  I normally don't taper, but this race has an elevation change, is a warmer climate, and I will be at a conference....so jet lag, dehydration and poor nutrition all come into play.  I want to take a little easy the last week before the race.

Oh, and do well in my half.

160, I'll take it!   I had a pretty significant taper...and though I didn't PR...it was definitely a great race for me.  It was the hardest road race course I have ever run.

1. 237 miles which includes
                              2. 2 x 28 milers
                              3. 1 x 50 km map and compass event

hhmmmnn as predicted I drop slightly short to 221.6 miles and I got 1 x 28 mile run in and a 50km race but with 2 "ultras" in a month and one on Saturday I am well and truly happy with my month how about you guys?

Jerry
                              A runners blog-updated daily

just a simple cat

190 miles

March:             217.3 mi

Cool

Running is stupid