1500 Miles So Go Run

So far so good! (Read 405 times)

Beware, batbear...

First full week of 2011 and I got in my 30 miles this week!  I'm pretty psyched about it!  

Got  a bit of a crappy knee due to slogging through slush last week, but I'm happy to say that, after yesterday being the most painful, it feels a lot better today.

So how's everyone else doing?

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Got 37 miles for the week, which was a little bit of a bonus.  Weather could be an issue this week.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Jill_B

I fly.

Well, I ran a few times this year, but with traveling I'm already behind the bunny...  Here's hoping that this week I'll catch up!

Bring it on.

#artbydmcbride

Tripped and fell last night, but it was because I ran onto deep grass from pavement suddenly (not my usual trip over invisible obstacle stunt)

and the good news is I fell on grass so my knees are stained but I believe unhurt.  Smile

Runners run

jeffdonahue

Big storm supposedly coming tomorrow night - could impede my Wednesday run that I have planned.

Tripped and fell last night, but it was because I ran onto deep grass from pavement suddenly (not my usual trip over invisible obstacle stunt)

and the good news is I fell on grass so my knees are stained but I believe unhurt.  Smile

I tripped over an invisible obstacle this summer...just bloody knees and nothing but a couple of scars now...thankfully, no actual damage...other than my pride.  Hopefully yours will remain unhurt.

My month is going well, I already have over 1/2 the miles this month than I ran all of last month...I feel better than I have ever felt, and am in a good place.

And, with those remarks (famous last words kind of thing), I will probably end up with some debilitating injury after my 3 mile recovery jog tonight. Smile

I've never run more than 2 consecutive 40 miles weeks before...if I get my run in tomorrow that will be 3 - 40 mile weeks in a row.  I am kind of freaking out.  I feel good, really good. 

What do I do next week?  Do it again?  Cut back?  I've done a workout (speed), a long run and a mid-long run every week...so maybe just easy/recovery only next week? 

Freaking out.

C-R

Keep 'em going Jen. Your body will tell you when you need a cutback.

Well done. Well done indeed!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'm behind.  Didn't even realize it until I just now took a look.  I'm doing a reverse taper after the Disney Marathon which hasn't help my weekly mileage.  Soon I will be training for an ultra so I imagine that will more than make up the difference.  I hope!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!