1500 Miles of Get to Running

The Curse of the Wily Bunny! (Read 224 times)

Needs more cowbell!

Kennyd and I both passed the bunny last week -- and now we are both sick. Coincidence...? Dead

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 6 duathlons (1 Olympic distance)

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

I know how you feel!!! I just posted on the "Badger" user group complaining that the weather is killing me. I do my longest, long runs every other week and I've done the past two with the temps in the mid 30's with a 20 mph wind blowing in my face. The thing is I NEVER get sick and haven't even had a cold in years, but after each run I've been sick. The first time it was a sore throat, congestion - typical stuff and just when I was feeling better I ran again and feel like hell.
      Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"
        Coincidence? I think not. It is just much easier than thinking I went to far, rested to little, drank a beer or two too many.......Etc. We went from 70 degrees yesterday, no exaggeration, to 35, snow, wind and rain today Angry I skipped my run and hit the elliptical for 50 min. Hopefully I can get at least an easy and a tempo run in before the race Sat. Get well Zoom, races on Sat

Needs more cowbell!

How you feelin' today, Kenny? Things have settled into my chest, a bit, but after being awake a while I think I *might* be OK for an easy run. I'll see how I feel in a few hours. I'm a bit asthmatic, so chest colds + asthma are generally pretty non-conducive to running. I just gotta lose this damned rodent on my back! Tongue

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

Needs more cowbell!

I know how you feel!!! I just posted on the "Badger" user group complaining that the weather is killing me. I do my longest, long runs every other week and I've done the past two with the temps in the mid 30's with a 20 mph wind blowing in my face. The thing is I NEVER get sick and haven't even had a cold in years, but after each run I've been sick. The first time it was a sore throat, congestion - typical stuff and just when I was feeling better I ran again and feel like hell.
            Dude...how ARE we gonna run Milwaukee if we get sick every time we ramp up our miles...sheesh! Tongue

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

I think I may need Trent to prescribe something for me because every time I run over 15 miles I get a cold. I’m a supplement maniac and I take lots of vitamin C, but its not helping anymore. I guess I’ll just carry a big box of Kleenex with me during the race. I haven't signed up for Milwaukee yet, but I'll probably do that before the end of April. After training for Green Bay in May, I'm pretty sure I do both - as long as I'm not too sick.
              Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"
                Went for an easy 6 in the park after work today. Wind, snow flurries, and cold. On the up side, I feel quite a bit better. Yesterday, my lungs hurt like it was going to be a major setback. I think I'll be OK by Saturday. Get well Zoomy

Needs more cowbell!

No sign of relief...I think I may actually be getting worse. I'm really annoyed that I didn't wait and just register on race day. My best friend (backroadrunner) is no going to be able to do it, so I'd be running alone, anyhow (not that that's a big deal, but it's one more negative). Right now I think this may end up my first DNS/DNF Sad I'd be a lot more upset if this were a big goal race for me. Right now I'm just annoyed that I wasted $20 and probably won't have an opportunity to set a new 10 mile PR for '08. Angry

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals: