Feb 3-9 Training (Read 13 times)

Just a dude.

Cutback week for me:

Goals:

Total miles: 40

Get off the roads

Keep losing weight...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

kcam

A good goal for me this week would be to, finally, catch the #$@&ing pace bunny who I let get away from me when I had my sore back.  I can almost reach his scrawny neck from where I am now (only 7.9km behind) right now.  Unfortunately I have cataract surgery scheduled for Thursday and they don't feel I should run for several days after that.  So he's likely to escape my grasp once again.

I need a ruling from the group here ...

My current running streak is 19 days and will be 22 days on the day of my procedure.  If I race walk three or four miles, rather than actually running, would that count towards my streak or do I have to start over?  What if I just ran an itty bitty one mile, in the grass, really slow?

Just a dude.

Ken, it is totally up to you...

If it were me, I'd do the slow jog for a mile to keep the streak alive... Or do a mile on the treadmill with your eyes closed... ;-)

-Kelly

DoppleBock

I am looking to cutback to

70+ miles

5000+ vertical

2x weights

Speed

- 10x1 minute

- 20 minutes @ T

It is going to be tight getting it all in this week - Volleyball again this weekend in Milwaukee - Hotel Friday night through Sunday.

I ended up taking to cutback days back-to-back ... Sunday last week and Monday this week.  I now need to get back on the horse.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

kcam

Ken, it is totally up to you...

If it were me, I'd do the slow jog for a mile to keep the streak alive... Or do a mile on the treadmill with your eyes closed... ;-)

-Kelly

One mile ... with eyes closed?!  "Goddammit, Dodge! You're a goddamned genius! Thats the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamned gifted, Private Dodge!" 

I'll see what the doc says about one mile slow jog with eyes closed!

DoppleBock

Turning out to be a struggle this week.  Decided to just keep streaking and do what I can

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Got Flu this week. Mild cuz of the vaccine and I took tamiflu. But enough to slow me down and make me cough. 1 mile yesterday, 2 today...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This

Turning out to be a struggle this week.  Decided to just keep streaking and do what I can

kcam

Flu sucks.  Hope you feel better.   One mile's enough to keep the streak going?  I'd say yes.

I did not get my cataract surgery yesterday - so that means my streak is still going.  Unluckily I developed a stye (sp?) in the eye that was to be surgerized.  Doc said no can do as long as that infection is there.  I think I'll wait to reschedule for a date after my 10 mile race in early March.

C-R

Yikes. Flu's and eye issues. No bueno.

Managed to get my 40 this week even with travel. Treadmill stuff which sucks but ground it out. Felt better about that. Weight is improving on this change in diet. Slowly but steadily.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Just a dude.

Boo for the flu...

Got 40 miles exactly. Twice off the roads. Down to 234, so some loss but not as much as I'd like.

Tough week. Had two days where I drove over 8 hours and a 15 hour work day yesterday...

But I did feel much more energetic for my long run today. So I'm going to call the cutback week a success, and jump back into it...

-Kelly

kcam

Guys, be glad you're making any progress at all on the weight front.  I have been stuck at my current weight (+/-2 pounds) since Jan 1st.

Nice week for me with 61.5 miles with a 13 mile 'long' run this morning (easy pace) and 25 minute hard tempo run (150HR, resulted in 7:09 pace over some very tough hills - I am getting fitter!) yesterday..  And ... I finally caught up to my 2500mile-for-the-year Pace Bunny!  25 day running streak also.  Shoot - actually a dam good week!

Just a dude.

Losing weight is a lot easier when I'm 50 or 80 pounds overweight. When I get under about 190 it gets tough. I think I should be 165-175 probably. I'd love to be there +/- 2 pounds ;-)

My goal is 10 pounds a month. I'd like to be under 200 in May. I am slightly ahead of schedule overall, but last month I lost some of my cushion. I just have to keep at it and stay aggressive... ;-)

-Kelly

DoppleBock

Week blew up at the beginning and then we were in Milwaukee for Volleyball Friday - Sunday ... Made some bad choices.

I did manage a nice hour run at the Petit National Ice Center Track in Milwaukee after volleyball for the day, but before the beering with parents ...Petit has a 3 lane 443 meter track on the outside of the speed skating oval.

45.6 Miles

I did get at least 2 miles in each day

I did 3,950 vertical

I lifted 2 times

I will call it a recovery week