3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

You just need to start a nice, big fire in there, hoppity. That'll clear out all of that stuff in your fireplace.

Hehehe.  Especially with all the Nitromors in there, that would add to the heat gun effect and I guess the slate surround would survive and be black from the smoke.

Give us a few weeks and we'll be able to light the wood burner (but won't  be as it will be too warm by then)!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I don't envy you that, Hop!

steph  

Walk-Jogger

<SIGH> REALLY? So taking 5 aspirin, spread out over a week, is enough to cause stomach bleeding?

I felt like a mule had kicked me in the stomach on Wednesday evening after my run and my dinner (spinach salad w/balsamic vinegar, seared winter squash bites & green onions), and it took me till the next day and 3-4 rounds of runny black "outflow"  to figure out what was going on. I thought I was being smart by holding the aspirin in my mouth til it dissolved and then washing that down with water, to prevent the pill from sitting in my stomach and causing a stomach ache. Apparently that doesn't work.

OK fine, I won't take aspirin ever again. I know Naproxen eats holes in my stomach, but aspirin's never been a big stomach ache for me before. I didn't really need it anyway, but got a little cavalier with the dosing since it seemed to really help the minor ITB pain I had experienced last week.

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

For my wife's birthday, she wanted me to attend one of her workout classes with her.  It was Cardio Blast day.  No problem, I thought.  Well, the cardio part was cake.  But every fast twitch muscle fiber in my body has long been ignored...especially in my abs and quads.  Long story short 45 minutes heavy on lunge/jump-based exercises and ab work left me a hurt puppy 36 hours later.  The sprint and running portions were cake.  So I didn't run today because of how sore I was.

Perhaps that tells me I need to integrate more cross-training...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Every run this week has been crap. Dead, dead legs. Went out to do a MP run this afternoon, got two miles into the warmup, and shut it down. I forced myself up to MP for a few hundred yards, and I might as well have been running in quicksand.

I dont't know if it's the cold I just got over, the too-warm weather, the pollen so thick I can see it in the headlights, or something else, but if I can't crank it back up tomorrow, I'm going to start getting seriously concerned.This is NOT how I want to feel 16 days from Boston.

I wouldn't let it get to you. Heat, pollen, illness recovery, some fast running just lately, and the lack of proper brain function this close to a marathon are all plausible explanations. Put them all together and there you go. Plenty of time for all that to settle out. Except maybe the tweaking part heh.

As for me, I'm feeling oddly good for it being this close to Boston, and that has me worried. I think I'm tweaking about not tweaking. It's always something.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

Every run this week has been crap. Dead, dead legs. Went out to do a MP run this afternoon, got two miles into the warmup, and shut it down. I forced myself up to MP for a few hundred yards, and I might as well have been running in quicksand.

I dont't know if it's the cold I just got over, the too-warm weather, the pollen so thick I can see it in the headlights, or something else, but if I can't crank it back up tomorrow, I'm going to start getting seriously concerned.This is NOT how I want to feel 16 days from Boston.

hay  in  the barn man.    cut back  and throw short stretches of higher effort in.  you can surprise yourself,  trust the training.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just a dude.

Well, sigh. Been dealing with probably shin splints, and took the week pretty much off. Did 4:45 of eliptical, and 2 hours of pool running, and tried a run tonight to see if I was better. I am better, but not good enough. So probably the same kind of cross training next week.

/sigh

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

And when he says pollen, think of a crop duster flying over dropping mass quantities

of a greenish/yellow flour like product every where.  Repeatedly.  For weeks.

Thank God it is supposed to rain today!

steph  

Prince of Fatness

And when he says pollen, think of a crop duster flying over dropping mass quantities

I see that you are in Augusta GA so that explains it.  My mom is in Savannah Lakes Village near McCormick SC and I have been down there this time of year.  The pollen from the pine trees is unbelievable.  On a windy day you can see it blowing off of the trees.

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I see that you are in Augusta GA so that explains it.  My mom is in Savannah Lakes Village near McCormick SC and I have been down there this time of year.  The pollen from the pine trees is unbelievable.  On a windy day you can see it blowing off of the trees.

Yes, it's unbelievable.  I've lived many places around the world / US and never seen anything like it elsewhere.

steph  

Yes, finally, lots of rain today. It's been unbelievable this week.

Prince of Fatness

I am home from hip surgery.  Everything went as planned.  Labrum was torn from 12 o'clock to 2:30.  The surgeon repaired that and shaved down my femur.  He found a little arthritis but nothing serious.  Really not much else to share other than the surgeon feels as though I should be able to get back close to "normal".  It will just take some time.

Not at it at all. 

bhearn

Great to hear!!! Best of luck for a rapid recovery.