3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Rocken- You know I'm praying for you.

steph  

Totally agree with spaniel & others, rocken.  The HLocker is 101% behind you.

Rocken - You are certainly in my thoughts.  hope you check in and let us know how everything is going with you.

Ready, go.

Rocken, will be thinking about you and your issue. MG can be a bitch just like any other auto immune disease, needing patience, hope and faith to deal with, but hopefully yours can be fixed or turns out to be something more benign altogether.

Finally got that steroid shot in the thigh and seems to have calmed the inflammation enough that even though the leg still has numbness, there is almost no pain. This is allowing me to stretch the hip flexors which overtime hopefully will fix the issue.  Hope you all find some similar relief as well.

Been in hospital since Monday. I'm getting my 4th IVIg treatment today last will be tomorrow. Will be getting moved to rehab center on Monday. Official diagnosis as I was told Myasthenia Gravis. Once. Out of rehab I'll work with my Neuro/physiology spec in working on treatment plan. Once stableized I should be able to lead a "normal" life as long as if needed the treatment plan works. I will be back!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Best of luck with the remaining treatment and rehab.  Will be thinking of you and hoping the treatment plan works and you can get back at it.

kcam

Rocken,  wishing for the best outcome.

bhearn

Good luck, Rocken.

Feeling the growl again

Update:  I saw the ortho today.  I've already forgotten the name of the muscle, but it attaches to the inside of the shoulder blade and connects it to the rib cage under the pec muscle -- basically holds your shoulder blade into your back so it doesn't flap like a wing.  Couldn't do a pushup without it.  He says it appears I likely pulled the muscle and in addition did some damage to the nerve that controls it on the front side.  But he says he is sure that the muscle was not torn, and I am already well into the healing phase and in the next few weeks should be able to do what I did before.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just a dude.

Update:  I saw the ortho today.  I've already forgotten the name of the muscle, but it attaches to the inside of the shoulder blade and connects it to the rib cage under the pec muscle -- basically holds your shoulder blade into your back so it doesn't flap like a wing.  Couldn't do a pushup without it.  He says it appears I likely pulled the muscle and in addition did some damage to the nerve that controls it on the front side.  But he says he is sure that the muscle was not torn, and I am already well into the healing phase and in the next few weeks should be able to do what I did before.

That sounds like pretty good news. Glad to hear it wasn't something really major.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

bhearn

A post-sucker-punch post:

A day after finishing my New Year's 24-hour race, my shin hurt like hell and looked like this:

I didn't whack it. That's internal bleeding from the tibialis anterior muscle / tendon, indicating a grade-2 strain. It took me a while to figure out, why that muscle? I've never had any shin issues before, ever. Then it dawned on me: I've had right Achilles tightness since May, and recently I've started doing active-isolated stretching to help. That involves flexing the antagonist muscle to what you want to stretch... in this case, right tibialis anterior. I did a lot of that. So I guess must have gone into the race with it a little pre-stressed.

So, off to UrgentCare the next day, instructions to ice aggressively and take lots of NSAIDS. I kept that up for a week solid. Fortunately I was planning on taking two weeks completely off anyway.

Two weeks later, I'm running again, and it seems to be completely resolved! Yay!!! I had visions of what my hamstring tendon did to me, months off.

C-R

Good to hear spaniel and Bob - yikes.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Two pieces of good news here!  Glad to hear Span and Bob!

Ready, go.

Two pieces of good news here!  Glad to hear Span and Bob!

Yup - be careful both of you but it sounds like you have both reacted well to the issues.

Good to hear the good news Andy! Yikes Bob but glad it's on the mend!

hoping to get moved to rehab center today fingers crossed

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson