3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Feeling the growl again

I'd be mighty grateful if one of those bottles managed to make it's way to Jersey.

For fuck's sake.  Wink

OK, I will buy every bottle I can find and let the chips fall where they may...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

For fuck's sake.  Wink

OK, I will buy every bottle I can find and let the chips fall where they may...

Easiest would be to send it all to Monkey.  He sends me a box full every now and then.  Easy enough to throw one bottle in there.  That's all that I am looking for,

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You people are peaches

Indy/Chicago/Midwest peeps, please:

Next week, Founders will release their KBS stout. I would love 12+ bottles. No need to get them to me stat, just get em stored. I am good for the cost. + beers. It may go fast, and may be allocated to a small number of bottles, but should not be too tough to gather the bottles.

Thanks Smile

I managed to get a ticket to the KBS release at the brewery going on this week.  I have a friend in Grand Rapids who's picking up my 12 bottle allotment today. I might not get the beer for a couple months and then I have to share with some other folks BUT if you guys don't have any luck I'll try to reserve a bottle for the beer mile, Jersey and Tennessee (sorry Trent you can't have all 12 of my bottles).

I don't expect this beer to be easy to find in Chicago (or Indy) as the craft beer hounds will be standing in lines outside of Binny's waiting for this and I'm sure there will be a bottle limit everywhere.  If it's anything like Bell's Black Note, I'll be lucky to even see it.

Is it getting more common for there to be a big to-do, people waiting in lines, etc. for craft beer releases? I love seeing good beer get the attention it deserves, but I can also see where this can cross the line pretty fast into a fad.

Feeling the growl again

Is it getting more common for there to be a big to-do, people waiting in lines, etc. for craft beer releases? I love seeing good beer get the attention it deserves, but I can also see where this can cross the line pretty fast into a fad.

+1.  Just as I enjoy ho-hum pudunk local races more than the big city races these days, I am not going to make a routine about moving heaven and earth for beer.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Sort of like that 13.1 26.2 thing.

I can't really be an EP but en effitte running snob is more my ticket.

Seriously though - when is the market saturated with small craft brewers. Or is this a party that will never end.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

It's becoming a little more prevalent, yeah.  What I can say is that once a brewery does a few of these release events they get better at them.  I went to one at Weyerbacher a while back and it was a fiasco.  There were more people that they could handle and they were not prepared for it.  Since then their events have been well managed and enjoyable.

I do have my limits on what I will go through to get one particular beer.  IMO there are just too many good beers that are readily available to make one beer all that special.

Not at it at all. 

Seriously though - when is the market saturated with small craft brewers. Or is this a party that will never end.

That doesn't look like sustainable growth, but who knows? This is BEER we're talking about!

xhristopher

I'm not sure I'd want to get in a saturated market as a brewer but it sure doesn't seem to be a problem as the consumer. Party on!

lagwagon

That doesn't look like sustainable growth, but who knows? This is BEER we're talking about!

Permitting activity has also been influenced by the increased availability of permits.  A lot of little brew pubs are popping up with one a location or two, without pushing for distribution.  But having said that I do feel like a real estate investor defending property values in 2006.

So question about rye beer.   I've had a couple (Ticket to Rye by magic hat and Ruthless rye by S-N) and really dig them both.  Any suggestions for other rye/pale ales worth seeking?

Prince of Fatness

Any suggestions for other rye/pale ales worth seeking?

This.

Or this.

Both are yummy ryes.

Not at it at all. 

I'm not sure I'd want to get in a saturated market as a brewer but it sure doesn't seem to be a problem as the consumer. Party on!

It's pretty crazy.  Chicago has had 3 or 4 new brewery's in just the last few months that have started distributing locally....and there are more in the works.