3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Prince of Fatness

No worries, if you do you do if you don't you don't.  But damn was that good stuff.  I could have drank all the ones I bought but I just kept one.

It's a little late but I am having my brew party today and I figured that it would be the perfect time to open up the one that you shipped to me.

Not at it at all. 

Ostrich runner

Tried to go to the Salt Creek brewery near Bedford yesterday, but it wasn't open yet. Seems like an interesting location.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Looky what I stumbled upon.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Got to try the KBS on draft last night -- both the 2012 and 2013. The  2013 was very good, but the 2012 was amazing (and gone by 8:00).

One guy at the bar said he paid nearly $200 to get a case of the stuff. There's no way I'd pay that much for a case of beer, but to each his own.

Also got to try the Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout and the Peg's Rare D.O.S. (bourbon barrel aged) and Rarer D.O.S. (rum barrel aged).  Looks like they're from Florida?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The KBS tends to go for about $8 a bottle, as high as $12 a bottle. That would be between $200 a case and $300 a case. You may raise your eyebrows at that price, but it is less than one dollar per ounce. If you were to buy a bummer of a high quality beer, you probably would not blink at that price per ounce. Except spaniel, he might.

Feeling the growl again

The KBS tends to go for about $8 a bottle, as high as $12 a bottle. That would be between $200 a case and $300 a case. You may raise your eyebrows at that price, but it is less than one dollar per ounce. If you were to buy a bummer of a high quality beer, you probably would not blink at that price per ounce. Except spaniel, he might.

Nah, I'd pay that.  I'd just save money by drinking it all myself instead of shipping it to someone.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

In Indiana???

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

In Indiana???

Yup. I'm guessing they had been sitting there a while. They didn't even have a price on them.

They're chilling in the fridge. Come on over if you want one.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Wait. What? where?

This is just like that story I mentioned this morning. Crikey.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Feeling the growl again

Yup. I'm guessing they had been sitting there a while. They didn't even have a price on them.

They're chilling in the fridge. Come on over if you want one.

I am in Washington DC drinking a Flying Dog Old Scratch Amber Lager in my hotel room to loosen up the tightness in my hip from a 12.5 miler (longest run in like 6+ weeks).  If you could save one for us to share on the 27th, that would be awesome.

C-R

The beer fairy was kind enough to drop off some 3beans but tonight is Belgian taste testing. I raced - I sucked - I earned it.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I am in Washington DC drinking a Flying Dog Old Scratch Amber Lager in my hotel room to loosen up the tightness in my hip from a 12.5 miler (longest run in like 6+ weeks).  If you could save one for us to share on the 27th, that would be awesome.

I'm sure it was no coincidence there were 3 of them waiting to be found, although they may not be suitable for a mutiple beer night. Those bad boys are 18%

C-R

18%? DAMN