3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Binnys on Clyborn, of course.

Dude, tomorrow is Dark Lord Day. You really need to stop by at Munster and participate in beer shares outside the gates, and then try and buy me some bottles of DL.

Chicago and Binny's visit tomorrow.  Smile

Prince of Fatness

Just in case you are looking for shipping ideas 

I see a lot of stuff from Big Sky on their web site.  I'd be interested in trying some.  Don't need Moose Drool.  Also I saw some stuff from Half Acre too.  Only one that I had from them is Daisy Cutter.  Any style would be fine, just stuff to try.

MTA: And of course Three Floyds.

Binny's website blows in the sense that you cannot filter your results on what is in stock.  I was looking through the store that Trent mentioned and was drooling, except most of the stuff said "Not Available".  Searching through the new arrivals I did find a couple that I would drink.

http://www.binnys.com/beer/Revolution_Jukebox_Hero_68397.html

http://www.binnys.com/beer/New_Belgium_Hop_Kitchen_Series_RyePA_69299.html

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Dude, tomorrow is Dark Lord Day. You really need to stop by at Munster and participate in beer shares outside the gates, and then try and buy me some bottles of DL.

It appears that they have tweaked the recipe for this year.

http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/04/3-floyds-tweaks-dark-lord-recipe-with.html

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Just in case you are looking for shipping ideas 

I see a lot of stuff from Big Sky on their web site.  I'd be interested in trying some.  Don't need Moose Drool.  Also I saw some stuff from Half Acre too.  Only one that I had from them is Daisy Cutter.  Any style would be fine, just stuff to try.

MTA: And of course Three Floyds.

I will look for 3F, last time they said they got it in Thursday mornings and it was gone by noon.  They always have lots of Big Sky, I'll get you a selection other than Moose Drool.  I'm sure there will be 4-5.  Half Acre should not be hard.

Thanks for the ideas, Indy is getting pretty thin on bottled stuff you haven't had.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Tomorrow I will be well north of Munster.  And it's Binnys in Lake Zurich.

I got out of part of my own kid's B-day party to go run with mbehr....my wife knows of your 2000+ beer streak, I don't think she would be so understanding of me skipping out to feed that monster.  Big grin

Binnys on Clyborn, of course.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

Binny's is always hard on the credit card.  Stocked up on some Big Sky, Grand Teton, Surly (apparently they DO distribute outside Minnesota), Half Acre, my favorite Sand Creek chocolate oatmeal stout, and a couple others that escape me.

Better yet, got to enjoy a couple Ram brews post-run with mbehr.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Surly distributing to Chicago is a new thing

Feeling the growl again

Surly distributing to Chicago is a new thing

Well having had a taste courtesy of the Schneiders, it was a welcome surprise.  One or two of them are repeats (GASP) but at least one of them is new-to-us.

Next time I come up here I need to make a wish list up beforehand, though that won't help the credit card.  Too hard to try to figure out what is good with a selection that big staring you down.

Prince of Fatness

Next time I come up here I need to make a wish list up beforehand, though that won't help the credit card.  Too hard to try to figure out what is good with a selection that big staring you down.

They may have a FB page.  You could "like" that and message them before you go there.  I do that with the beer store in SC.  My buddy goes there in his way to FL and I message the store to see what they have that I would be interested in (I name a couple of breweries down there and ask what is in stock).  It makes it easier for my buddy because he has my wish list that he can pull up right on his phone while in the store.  Usually the store gets back to me within 24 hours.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Apparently there is no longer a Kahn's on 86th Street. I went to stop there on the way back from my race Saturday since it's kind of on the way home and there wasn't even signage left. Looking at their website, I only see the Keystone Ave location listed. Is their downtown location closed as well?

That doesn't leave much on the west side of town as far as liquor stores that carry a larger selection of beer. 

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Apparently there is no longer a Kahn's on 86th Street. I went to stop there on the way back from my race Saturday since it's kind of on the way home and there wasn't even signage left. Looking at their website, I only see the Keystone Ave location listed. Is their downtown location closed as well?

That doesn't leave much on the west side of town as far as liquor stores that carry a larger selection of beer. 

Geez, glad you told me before I tried to stop there again...

As of a couple weeks ago, downtown was still there.  Is there a place in Avon???

C-R

I was at Keystone last week so the flagship is going ok. I will ask next time I stop what happened to 86th st and if they moved or simply closed.

Bummer but I have lots of places to choose around here.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Is there a place in Avon???

There's a Crown Liquors in Avon on 36 that's OK. Better than the two Big Reds in Brownsburg, but not the selection of Kahn's.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Here is you answer on Kahn's.

http://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/dining/2014/04/15/kahns-closes-downtown-location/7739039/

Heh.  I go to Crown's, I got confused.  Thanks.

Big Red.  Great.  They did nothing to help the beer situation at the Brownsburg stores.