3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Feeling the growl again

Hey Span Span, what ya doing today?

Against my better judgement, making a slight detour on the way home to try and buy more beer.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I've never been to GW Fins. I'll have to check it out next time I visit. Didn't get the chance to do much downtown last time I was there.

Just ran 11 miles out and back on St. Charles. Interestingly, I took a little fluid break at mile 10. I thought of you.

Against my better judgement, making a slight detour on the way home to try and buy more beer.

See folks, now THAT is how its done.

Feeling the growl again

See folks, now THAT is how its done.

Seems I am headed out the door....

MTA:  Sun King not open Mondays....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I wonder if SK is open on Tuesdays...

Feeling the growl again

I wonder if SK is open on Tuesdays...

Yes.  And that shit wasn't cheap!!

So you'd better send me addresses before I drink it all myself.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I've got an Oktoberfest to go along with it, if my wife hasn't drunk it yet. Wink

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I've got an Oktoberfest to go along with it, if my wife hasn't drunk it yet. Wink

I got a bottle for you and C-R, too, BTW.

Feeling the growl again

The Sun King version of the can looks a bit different.

A very smooth brown ale overlaid with a robust dose of hops.  The nose really reminds me of Hop Project, but not quite that hoppy.  It's decent.  As I've said before I am not a hop groupie; so I am sure you guys will love this.

Prince of Fatness

Yes.  And that shit wasn't cheap!!

So you'd better send me addresses before I drink it all myself.

PM sent.  That little envelope icon under your user name comes in handy.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

robust dose of hops

I am salivating.

Not at it at all. 

Hmm.  What about this though:  The Deuce is a limited-release Hopped-Up Brown Ale and the second craft beer (following the pair’s CHAKA Belgian-Style Ale release) to be packaged in the Alumi-Tek® re-sealable pint bottle from Ball Corporation.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why would I need to reseal it?

Feeling the growl again

Hmm.  What about this though:  The Deuce is a limited-release Hopped-Up Brown Ale and the second craft beer (following the pair’s CHAKA Belgian-Style Ale release) to be packaged in the Alumi-Tek® re-sealable pint bottle from Ball Corporation.

If you are referring to their first collaboration...didn't taste it, got into Sun King after that was out.

As for the can...I noticed a number of beers coming out in these when I was in Binny's last weekend up in Chicago.  It makes in nice to keep the second half of the pint in, nice and cold in the fridge, while you sip the first half out of a frosted mug.  Other than that, I'm not sure why it is a big deal.

Actually, I tried sipping it out of the can at first....just to try that...and I found my nose confusing the hops with possible metallic taste from the can.  So I just poured it in a glass to eliminate metal from the equation.

Ostrich runner

I think the resealing is just a gimmick, but the can has to be good for shelf life.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

PM sent.  That little envelope icon under your user name comes in handy.

I still need to get your Flat12 beers.

I still need to find appropriate boxes.

Be patient, and the beer will arrive.  I will let you know when it ships.  I know this may be surprising, but I have more going on than buying and drinking beer.  Wink