3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Greg's Monthly mileage Challenge (Read 102 times)

#artbydmcbride

Ooh, he alphabetized and everything!

Runners run

But he apparently thinks Hasher comes before Happy.

Seanv2

My sad little 99 looks very sad next to all those trip digits.  February is even worse.  I'm embarrassed. Time to get real.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

A very organized guy for sure!

steph  

Genius.  A challenge that keeps "giving" all year long.

So I've got a spin on this to consider.  I would assume most of us are not actually going to even try to run more each and every month through the end of the year.  Like me there are cycles and stuff.  So how about this.  While the alpha dog at the end of the day is whoever keeps this up for the most months starting in January, let's also consider how many "+more" months you have total...for example I already plan on running less in April due to racing so I can only get Feb-Mar.  But after dropping for April I could theoretically then build through the end of the year and still get 10 of the 11 months.  I would consider 8-9 to be a real success in my case.

I like this, especially since it's occurred to me that I'll very likely fail my own challenge in November. I'll be attempting my first 100 miler at the end of October, so, ummm, yeah.

But right now I must get my ass in gear and go run 14.6 miles tonight so I don't fail before I've even begun. You guys could've just ignored this whole idea, you know. Sheesh. I'm tired. Heh.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

My sad little 99 looks very sad next to all those trip digits.  February is even worse.  I'm embarrassed. Time to get real.

More miles than beer...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I am not that much better, the last 6 months or so have been tough, which is why I was eager to sign on to the challenge.  Seeing all those 250-300's in there is definitely motivating, if they signed on to this, no reason why us 100-120 milers can't do it.  Minimizing the non running days should get me there, and one way to do it is run at the first opportunity, not wait for the best time slot, even if it means just a 20-30 min run, can always double up if that magical time slot opens up.

And February closes out at 169.9.  Stupid 0.1.  I am tempted to run again after parent-teacher conferences out of sheer annoyance...if it stops sleeting.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                  Emil Zatopek

I'd like to join in if I may. I've been lurking for a bit, and I like the vibe here.

I didn't make February, but hope to see increasing mileage through the rest of the year (may not make April, got a goal race at the beginning of May). Hopefully the workouts I am starting to do will make me faster. Faster = easier to get in more miles.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

Feeling the growl again

Heh.  Well, I am first loser.  Made three options to run today....hoping for a window where the bastard nerve was alseep...no-go.  So in a week I went from comfortably surpassing January with 3 less days to work with, to blowing it by ~14 miles.

I will try a shock-and-awe campaign on the bastard in the morning.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Done. Squeaked over the wire with 208.7. With any luck at all it shouldn't require a dumbass stunt to beat that in March.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Seanv2

I knew there was no chance for February, but I think I've finally got my schedule and my injury sorted. March, I'm coming for ya.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

FYI, I plan to round down all decimals, so run that extra mile, if you really want to beat last month's total.

Heh.  Well, I am first loser.

You know, the fur ball is going to lose in this too.  Just glad that thing is going down with the rest of us!  Maybe HF can post the fur ball's result too...

Late to the party here but count me in, 2 for 2 thus far.

Jan - 87

Feb - 106