3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Walk-Jogger

I decided at the last minute Saturday morning to sign up for a brand new local half marathon as a "training run" before my goal HM next Saturday. Flat course, good weather with little wind, and I had a great run. I haven't been doing much in the way of longer runs or volume so I felt very under-trained, and was hoping to break 1:40. I ran a 1:30:12 (Garmin had it at 13.0 miles) and didn't pass out at the end, for my first half marathon race in 3 years, and first time since turning 60.

Retired &  Loving It

holy crap Cecil... Congratulations!

And we run because we like it
      Through the broad bright land

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

February -

- Ran 20 days

- Total 126 miles

- 37.5 miles highest week

- 16 miles / 6 hours longest run (technical trail)

- first race finish of any type in 2 years, exactly, with a solid performance

- STILL feeling great, hungry and strong

-> 2 months ago I could not run over a mile.

Just a dude.

February -

- Ran 20 days

- Total 126 miles

That sound pretty dang awesome Trent. Thumbs up!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I decided at the last minute Saturday morning to sign up for a brand new local half marathon as a "training run" before my goal HM next Saturday. Flat course, good weather with little wind, and I had a great run. I haven't been doing much in the way of longer runs or volume so I felt very under-trained, and was hoping to break 1:40. I ran a 1:30:12 (Garmin had it at 13.0 miles) and didn't pass out at the end, for my first half marathon race in 3 years, and first time since turning 60.

BOOM!!!! Great stuff Cecil!  Congrats....!

Ready, go.

And didn't you perhaps sign up for a marathong???

Ready, go.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I did. A nice little training run. The Savage Gulf Marathong, in just under 3 weeks. Ultra signup predicts my finish at 7:12 right now, but I will be happy just to finish with any time.

And didn't you perhaps sign up for a marathong???

Walk-Jogger

February -

- Ran 20 days

- Total 126 miles

Trent, congratulations on making a comeback. I somehow missed what issues you were facing, but I know how great it feels when things start working again.

Retired &  Loving It

10 mile, 60-min tempo in the rain.

Walk-Jogger

Wow. And in the rain, no less. Nice!

Retired &  Loving It

kcam

You suck!Smile  I'm gonna doing a 10 mile race (not tempo) tomorrow and I hope to break into the 1:05's.  But that would be a very good day, more like 1:06 or who knows cuz it's probably gonna be a soaker tomorrow morning.  Road trip to Redding!

Good one.

Walk-Jogger

Another week, another half marathon. This was my goal race, and I wanted to break 1:30, which I did, but not without slaying some mental dragons along the way. That urge to stop running when you're running at the ragged edge for an hour and a half is powerful, and I spent a bunch of time doing hand to hand combat today with that beast. I finally kicked it to the curb for good, and finished in 1:29:38. Not much faster than last week, but that difference is enough that I can barely walk now, and last week I had no such problem a few hours after the race.

Retired &  Loving It

Another week, another half marathon. This was my goal race, and I wanted to break 1:30, which I did, but not without slaying some mental dragons along the way. That urge to stop running when you're running at the ragged edge for an hour and a half is powerful, and I spent a bunch of time doing hand to hand combat today with that beast. I finally kicked it to the curb for good, and finished in 1:29:38. Not much faster than last week, but that difference is enough that I can barely walk now, and last week I had no such problem a few hours after the race.

Nice work Cecil.  Two solid HM's in a row!  Congrats!

Ken.. your rain was worse than my rain. Brutal out there.

You suck!Smile  I'm gonna doing a 10 mile race (not tempo) tomorrow and I hope to break into the 1:05's.  But that would be a very good day, more like 1:06 or who knows cuz it's probably gonna be a soaker tomorrow morning.  Road trip to Redding!

Good one.

Brilliant!  Be careful you don't go breaking yourself though....