3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

No good workouts lately but I know I'll have some good ones soon.

Just a dude.

6 miles at a medium hard pace today. 7:19 miles. Was just hoping for under 8. Looks like I am finally getting some fitness back...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

very nice KD.

mbehr.. looking fwd to it!

And we run because we like it
        Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

6 miles at a medium hard pace today. 7:19 miles. Was just hoping for under 8. Looks like I am finally getting some fitness back...

-Kelly

Great to hear, Kelly and Cecil.

A 10 mile easy run kind of wastes me right now.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

heh.. you need to get on my program.

Feeling the growl again

heh.. you need to get on my program.

I need to get on any program.  One that doesn't require 10-12 hours a day working would be a good start.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I know what you mean!  Ran a 10-miler this weekend in Chicago.  Was hoping for sub-60 with how everything has been going recently.  I rolled my ankle at the end of February and didn't run on it until the week before the race.  I just didn't have the endurance for the last few miles and went 60:33.  My legs feel like I ran a frickin marathon.  Quads, calves and hamstrings are sore as hell.

On the bright side, I got to run with Tera Moody for the first 4-5 miles until she just walked away from me.

mbehr... that's a solid result. And.. Moody.. very nice.

Officially became a sub-5 miler today.. well.. was just on my watch... and was downhill.. mostly.. with the wind at my back. On the other hand.. 459 is still 459.. and on the way back ran half mile in 230.

I know what you mean!  Ran a 10-miler this weekend in Chicago.  Was hoping for sub-60 with how everything has been going recently.  I rolled my ankle at the end of February and didn't run on it until the week before the race.  I just didn't have the endurance for the last few miles and went 60:33.  My legs feel like I ran a frickin marathon.  Quads, calves and hamstrings are sore as hell.

On the bright side, I got to run with Tera Moody for the first 4-5 miles until she just walked away from me.

Officially became a sub-5 miler today.. well.. was just on my watch... and was downhill.. mostly.. with the wind at my back. On the other hand.. 459 is still 459.. and on the way back ran half mile in 230.

Sweet!  Nice work and congrats on hitting that barrier.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

mbehr... that's a solid result. And.. Moody.. very nice.

Way.  To.  Go!

steph  

Thank you!

Racing 5,000 meters April 3rd.

kcam

Good luck at the 5,000, Parklife!

I ran a 4.8 mile hilly road race in 30:39.  I've been running this course a couple times a year for about 8 years now, though my club has been doing it for 30+ years.  This morning's time was my best time in more than two years.  So a good one for me this morning.  With warmup and cooldown miilees (including 4X200 on the track right after the race) I got in just shy of 12 miles.  Also got the 1OA over a couple of my rivals that have beaten me like a drum the last couple of years.  Needless to say some of the fast young guys weren't there this morning.  It felt good to grab the lead at mile 1 and run those clowns  ragged on the climb from mile 1 to mile 4!  They're faster than me but I had enough lead on them when the downhill to the finish started that they couldn't use their kicks to beat me at the end.  Hah!

Walk-Jogger

Nice one Ken; congrats on the first over-all! It's really an amazing feeling to jump into the lead of a race, and have no one take it away from you. I managed to do that a week ago Saturday at my 10K, for only the second time in my 50+ running career, and it was exhilarating. That may be have been the last race I ever run. What a way to go out.

And good luck at the 5,000, Parklife!

Retired &  Loving It

kcam

Nice one Ken; congrats on the first over-all! It's really an amazing feeling to jump into the lead of a race, and have no one take it away from you. I managed to do that a week ago Saturday at my 10K, for only the second time in my 50+ running career, and it was exhilarating. That may be have been the last race I ever run. What a way to go out.

And good luck at the 5,000, Parklife!

I saw your post on the Sucker Punches thread.  Hoping it works out for you Cecil.

Walk-Jogger

I saw your post on the Sucker Punches thread.  Hoping it works out for you Cecil.

Thanks, Ken! I'm still able to bike "easy" without pain so far, and I've ridden the BTN ("bike to nowhere") at the Rec center for the past three days in a row. Added some wireless headphones and high quality music files and I'm actually having a lot of fun with it, and chomping at the bit waiting for the sunny and warmer weather we're promised for later this week so I can get outside on the real bike.

Retired &  Loving It