3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Just a dude.

Well, I'm finally feeling like I am rounding into shape. My 5 mile fartlek at almost 80 degrees today was only 9 seconds a mile slower than my 5k RACE from not quite 3 weeks ago. My easy pace has dropped a chunk lately too.

Smile

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Just a dude.

Well, I feel like I am hogging things up, but I was really happy with my run today. Same course I ran 12 days ago. Felt like about the same effort. over 40 seconds a mile faster.

I feel like something is really clicking right now.

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

C-R

Two actually. Track workout on Tuesday. Hill workout on Thursday and.....

fastest 5k in 2+ years this morning (21:25 - not great but a step in the right direction)

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

fastest 5k in 2+ years this morning (21:25 - not great but a step in the right direction)

Nice work and definitely a step in the right direction.

Feeling the growl again

Nice.  I'm afraid to race anything right now...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Nice.  I'm afraid to race anything right now...

I get that. Was a bit nervous at the line.

Another track session last night. 8x800 @ 5k or less with 200 jogging recovery. Damn that was hard.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Perhaps Kipchoge had a good workout last weekend in Berlin?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Not a workout but a race. 10k in just over 45 minutes. No pain. Perhaps the tide is turning.

Prince of Fatness

Nice job Norm.  I'm just hoping to keep it going this year.  Simple goals for 2019:

• Sub 1:50 half (got within 2 minutes this past November)
                    • Keep my streak of 100 mile months alive (39 counting this month)
                    • Pass 20K miles logged in RA (should happen if I am running regularly)

The first two are goals that I would take for granted 10 years ago, but given all of the hip problems I've had and the fact that I am almost 56 I'll need to keep working to achieve them.

Not at it at all. 

Not a workout but a race. 10k in just over 45 minutes. No pain. Perhaps the tide is turning.

No pain is good.  Let's hope that tide did turn.  How's your "not so little anymore" boy running?