3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

Prince of Fatness

Prove it o Capt'n of Carbs

Well, if you are ever in my neck of the woods stop in and I will pour you a drink that you'll never remember.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Well, if you are ever in my neck of the woods stop in and I will pour you a drink that you'll never remember.

No I will have to find an excuse to visit our division in Branchburg.

Oh, and for you tough guys, there will be a bottle of The Glenlivet at the Beer Mile.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Finally getting back on the horse.  Trying to build the running mileage back up and work myself off the elliptical.  It's been a rough 5 months but I think the achilles are good to hold-out for now.  Did a double-digit run on the ol hamster wheel this morning.  Other than feeling slow, all seems to be good.  Need to keep building the strength and getting the badly needed miles in.  I want the good hurt.  Not the break me down, the old body can't take it hurt.

Seanv2

The hell just isn't getting better and stupid little one mile runs to keep a streak alive are stupid (for me at least). So I took off yesterday, will probably take off today, and then try again on Saturday.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Sean, you have made great progress over the last year. Take care of this injury. Forget streaks. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

The King of Beasts

Sean, you have made great progress over the last year. Take care of this injury. Forget streaks. 

Yes.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

kcam

Yes to this.  I take a day off sometimes whether I need it or not just for the purpose of re-setting that streak counter to 0.  Otherwise I might be tempted to keep the streak going when I should not.  I should probably just delete it from my summary page.

Prince of Fatness

+1.  I wasn't worried about a streak when I went down, but I did not address my injury when I should have.  I pretty much ignored it.  Now look at me.  I'm a fat fuck who is going to have to take a bunch of time just to get back to where I was.

Get it taken care of.

Not at it at all. 

The King of Beasts

Now look at me.  I'm a fat fuck.

we could start a club.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

C-R

we could start a club.

Dude!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Seanv2

Thanks for this Nader, and for all the +1. You're all totally right. I am going to take off today as well and then test it out on Saturday with a short and easy run. I bit off more than I could chew last week, but I think I am finally on the mend.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

obsessor

we could start a club.

I'm in. We'll stage a downhill race on skates.

Thinking about running today. 

Actually, the continued illness leveled off the weight gain and actually reversed the trend. Time to start running. Still not out of the ill-woods yet, but definitely on the mend. Thought I was better before, but it just did not last.

Hawt and sexy

is it possible for calves to explode?

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

I'm in. We'll stage a downhill race on skates.

Thinking about running today. 

Actually, the continued illness leveled off the weight gain and actually reversed the trend. Time to start running. Still not out of the ill-woods yet, but definitely on the mend. Thought I was better before, but it just did not last.

Damn dude, you've had a hella long streak of illness.  Hope you are finally pulling through...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

obsessor

yup.