3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April 27 - May 3 (Read 8 times)

Just a dude.

Mostly the same for me:

65+ miles

Get off the roads

Lose weight.

Looking at running a solo 50 miler the end of May, so I'm kinda trying to focus my running toward that. I think I have a course that will work where I can get my fam to crew me a few times. If nothing else, the idea of it will help the training... :-)

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Just a dude.

Mostly the same for me:

65+ miles

Get off the roads

Lose weight.

Looking at running a solo 50 miler the end of May, so I'm kinda trying to focus my running toward that. I think I have a course that will work where I can get my fam to crew me a few times. If nothing else, the idea of it will help the training... :-)

-Kelly

75.2 miles

3x off the roads

Not so much on the lose weight. front. Just kinda maintained this week.

Onward!

-Kelly

kcam

Geez, Kelly, great week. 75mile!

I was absentmindedly thinking about my week  which ended at 63 miles with a 12.5 mile long run yesterday.  Not bad but "if I'd only done a 20miler yesterday I'd have gotten to 71 miles".  Alas, a 20 miler (which I used to be able to knock out at the drop of a hat) seems so far away.  The longest I've gone this year is 16.  Yesterday's 12.5 had me tired the last couple miles and I was not running any faster than about 125-130 BPM, 9:11 pace average.  I'm not sure what it is with my lack of desire/ability to go longer than 15 miles.  Maybe once the WuFlu thing is over I can get with some of my buddies and knock out longer runs with the company?

In my defense I have run over 60 miles 5 of the last 6 weeks without going longer than 16 miles.  That's something right there.  My weight finally hit the promised land of 155 this morning.  155.0.  Yay.  Down from about 162 when we started SIP.

Just a dude.

Don't go peeking around my log. You may find a 20 miler or 2 lurking in there... ;-)

-Kelly