3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March Racing Thread (Read 1400 times)

Feeling the growl again

spaniel -- 3/24 -- Sam Costa HM -- <1:15

The goal is pathetic....>5min off my PR and I still think I was easily in <1:12 shape last March...but given how things have been going....

Also, that would still be my fastest time since May 2007.

About 1:15:21. Lost a significant amount of time...anywhere from thirty seconds to a couple minutes...after I was outright assaulted by another runner early in the race. It is a pretty outrageous story I will share when I have a keyboard.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Burnt Toast....March 17th....Get Lucky Lucky 7k....Minneapolis MN....sub 32:00

Shin problems right now and I'm afraid this may be a DNS. I think my mileage was okay, just too aggressive with the intesity while building mileage and thatmade my left shin really angry.

I'm self diagnosed with MTSS and am resting my shin. I have a tightness and achy pain radiating from my anterior tibia about 4-5 inches above my ankle that starts about a 1/2 mile into any run and continues well as I'm done. I cut back on mileage the last two weeks, but am going to take at least another week off. I'm not sure if I want to spend $90 and see the sports doc just to have him tell me to take some time off.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Just a dude.

1 Mile Race

Carson High School Track

Carson City, Nv.

March 31st.

Goal: 5:20 (again)

-Kelly

DNS - Recovering from surgery.

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Shin problems right now and I'm afraid this may be a DNS. I think my mileage was okay, just too aggressive with the intesity while building mileage and thatmade my left shin really angry.

I'm self diagnosed with MTSS and am resting my shin. I have a tightness and achy pain radiating from my anterior tibia about 4-5 inches above my ankle that starts about a 1/2 mile into any run and continues well as I'm done. I cut back on mileage the last two weeks, but am going to take at least another week off. I'm not sure if I want to spend $90 and see the sports doc just to have him tell me to take some time off.

Hope the rest makes your shin happy and that you are able to race! 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Now that the retaining water issue is gone, I am feeling way too good to be tapering. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing come March 24th. For some reason I expected to be feeling like toast by this time.  THIS is when I tend to get myself in trouble, so I am going to do what I can to keep some kind of self control (not that I've ever had much) 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

DoppleBock

I would say its either not enough sex or too many kids 

35:27.  6th OA.  

WTF.

So horribly wrong I just need to laugh it off and forget it ever happened.  All I can figure is that I should have kept the girlyman tights on, I opened on target in 5:25 and then my legs just completely shut down. 

I've never dropped out of anything shorter than a marathon, but I nearly did today.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

I would say its either not enough sex or too many kids 

In this case one leads to the other.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

Tom King HM in Nashvegas today. Perfect weather with 40s sunny and light winds. Ran a 1:34:18. Not my best but Im still trying to get back in some shape. The 12 extra lbs helps. Sheesh.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

37:20ish...   3 OA

Hell of headwind and hills out the wahzoo.  Guy who won was about a minute slower than he usually runs which bodes well for another 10k attempt later in the month.

Still managed to keep the flats in the 5:4x range but yeah,  there were hills and then some more hills. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Course a tad short.  1-AG.    49:40.

steph  

A Saucy Wench

In this case one leads to the other.

not enough sex leads to too many kids?  How much sex do you need to guarantee no kids?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

rabutler 3/10 DINO Trail Series 15K No real goal, but under 1:38:00 would be nice.

1:26:14. Course may have been a little short. I don't think I was going that fast. Good run though. One section of the course was pretty sloppy and my only goal through that section each time was not to fall and get covered in mud.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

1:26:14. Course may have been a little short. I don't think I was going that fast. Good run though. One section of the course was pretty sloppy and my only goal through that section each time was not to fall and get covered in mud.

I thought the whole point of XC was to get dirty?

Given your recent 5K PR, methinks you may still be running faster than you think you are.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I thought the whole point of XC was to get dirty?

Given your recent 5K PR, methinks you may still be running faster than you think you are.

I haven't quite embraced the whole muddy run thing. I've passed on signing up for trail races in the past because I thought the course might be muddy. I signed up for the whole series though, so I guess I'll run them even if there's mud.

It would be nice if I'm faster than I think I am. I've got 6 more of these to run, so I guess I'll find out.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

3/17     TWHS St. Patrick's Day 5K     Pittsboro, IN     <24:00