3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March Racing Thread (Read 1400 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Feeling the growl again

3/17     TWHS St. Patrick's Day 5K     Pittsboro, IN     <24:00

You're going to kill it.  Wish I could be there.

BTW I just saw that your official RA mile PR is the beer mile.  That's awesome.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

My official time for Tom King was 1:43:27 (my watch was 1:43:30). 

I ran about 7:50s for the first 5 miles, and planned to run the next 4 at 7:40s, then speed up to 7:30s for the last 4... but I think I got greedy and tried to run too fast in the middle miles.  For whatever reason, I started feeling really bad at mile 10, and I kept asking myself if I was really doing all  I could do. I was feeling dizzy, and my stomach was feeling pretty bad, on the verge of throwing up.  I confirmed mentally several times in the last miles that I was doing everything I could do.  Throwing up would have slowed me down considerably. 

From miles 7-9 I think I lost it, but my thought at that time was... run fast while you can because you may not be able to in the last miles.  Probably not the smartest strategy, but I certainly didn't finish wishing I had pushed it harder.

About a 1 min PR (1:44:25 was my previous PR). 

My previous PR was ran on about double the mileage I'm now running, but I think the cycling helps with aerobic endurance. 

***Edited to correct my time to 1:43:27

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You beat me by 2 seconds, chip time. I got you by 2 seconds, gun time, no?

We should have finished together, holding hands, singing We are the World.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

***Edited to correct my time to 1:43:27

Means you beat me by 1:02 chip time. Smile

I started pretty close to the back, so it took quite a bit of time to get to the start.  I think I was closer to a minute ahead of your time... but then you were running a tempo, and I ran it as fast as I could.  Holding hands and singing would surely have meant I hurled, or at least dry heaved.

BTW, A1 had the best answer to "How did you do?" that I've ever heard.  He said, "I ran my guts out." That's a race well run. 

You beat me by 2 seconds, chip time. I got you by 2 seconds, gun time, no?

We should have finished together, holding hands, singing We are the World.

an amazing likeness

You can toss me on the list for:

Midcoast Half Marathon

Linclnville, ME

March 11

Don't know the course specifically (inaugural event)...but it's a hilly area. So I'll guess a conservative 1:43:00

1:42:54, plenty of climbing, 11 on in was pretty brutal.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

you were running a tempo

By the feel in my legs yesterday, apparently I ran a bit more than a tempo, but then again I was able to do math on the course so I I was not running all out. Somewhere in the middle, I guess.

Feeling the growl again

AP should have been on the ball and posted his goal in here...considering he just busted a 7min PR.

In my best Soup Nazi impression.... "No beer for you!"

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Cooper River Bridge Run 10k

March 31st, 2012

36:15

Aggressive goal but I think it's doable on that course and with a few more weeks of sharpening. 

AP should have been on the ball and posted his goal in here...considering he just busted a 7min PR.

In my best Beer Nazi impression.... "No beer for you!"

FTFY

Well I didn't stick around for the award ceremony last Sunday figuring there was no way in hell I got an award. Turns out I got 3rd in my age group for the Winter series. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

3/17     TWHS St. Patrick's Day 5K     Pittsboro, IN     <24:00

Fail. 25:24

My leg gave out on me. Hurts like a MF. Started off really good, no pain at all. After the first mile it stared to ache a bit. After the second mile it really started to hurt and I had to stop and walk a couple of times. I was determined to finish it running so I hobbled in.

The Hagios felt really good. Can't wait to use them in a race where I can actually run.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

3/17

Spring Thaw 5k

19:25

19:00

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.