7/15

Night of Miles

1M

Litchfield, CT

4:50

Definitely ambitious.

Thunderstorms not going to let this happen tonight. But switching to:

7/17, White Woods XC Summer Series, 5K, Litchfield, CT, <17

First XC race ever for me. Should be a sloppy mud fest with the rain we've already gotten and should get today and tomorrow. But the weather on Thursday will be beautiful. Can't wait.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Feeling the growl again

7/12 - Spaniel - Ubly Homecoming 5K, Ubly, MI - 16:40 16:35

Looks like this would be a course record by about a minute; small local race.  Not sure how racing on vacation will go but I think this is a pretty aggressive goal.

MTA:  Adjusted goal to get mbehr off my back.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

7/12 - Spaniel - Ubly Homecoming 5K, Ubly, MI - 16:40

Looks like this would be a course record by about a minute; small local race.  Not sure how racing on vacation will go but I think this is a pretty aggressive goal.

Based on the 4.5 mi race last week, it doesn't look pretty aggressive to me.  It all depends on how well you can push yourself solo.

Feeling the growl again

Based on the 4.5 mi race last week, it doesn't look pretty aggressive to me.  It all depends on how well you can push yourself solo.

It's going to be warmer, travel involved, and I plan to load up the volume this week.  Last week's race was a major effort, I'm still recovering (getting older sucks).

Perhaps it isn't challenging enough and I just don't have the confidence in myself to believe I can whack that much time off.

But, since you called me out, the goal is now 16:35.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

It's going to be warmer, travel involved, and I plan to load up the volume this week.  Last week's race was a major effort, I'm still recovering (getting older sucks).

Perhaps it isn't challenging enough and I just don't have the confidence in myself to believe I can whack that much time off.

But, since you called me out, the goal is now 16:35.  Big grin

Wasn't calling you out on your goal time.  Was just commenting on how you think a 16:40 is an aggressive goal for you.  I think it's completely doable and within your fitness range right now.  You're a much better runner that I am and I would put that as a doable goal, certainly not a stretch or aggressive goal.  I've done six 5k's in the last 4.5 years (all have ranged between 16:25-16:43).

Way to step it up though.  And, yes, getting older sucks.  Just when I think I'm in the clear and making progress, I hit a hurdle.

And, where in the hell is Ubly?

Feeling the growl again

Wasn't calling you out on your goal time.  Was just commenting on how you think a 16:40 is an aggressive goal for you.  I think it's completely doable and within your fitness range right now.  You're a much better runner that I am and I would put that as a doable goal, certainly not a stretch or aggressive goal.  I've done six 5k's in the last 4.5 years (all have ranged between 16:25-16:43).

Way to step it up though.  And, yes, getting older sucks.  Just when I think I'm in the clear and making progress, I hit a hurdle.

And, where in the hell is Ubly?

Heh.  Your 5K PR is better than mine and your races have been faster than mine lately too.  I'm still playing catch-up on our friendly little bet.  Smile

Ubly, population 858.  Next town over from the one I grew up by.  Race held in conjunction with local festival, which is most notable for its beer tent.  Back in "the day" me and my college teammates...one of which was from Ubly and a main competitor in high school...would get sloppy closing the beer tent, then show up hung over (or worse) at an 8K a couple towns over the next morning.  My 8K CR of 26:11 run while still likely not legal to drive still stands.  Then they started this 5K in Ubly so the 8K was moved to the following weekend.  I'd rather run the 8K but we won't be in town for that.

7/14 - Roth Runner - Southern Vets 3000m - Perivale, London UK, Goal = Win.

Feeling the growl again

7/12 - Spaniel - Ubly Homecoming 5K, Ubly, MI - 16:40 16:35

MTA:  Adjusted goal to get mbehr off my back.  Wink

16:54.  Really felt the vacation on this one.  Ran pretty even, 5:24-5:28-6:01 (1.1).  But course was very slow, never run a 5K with so many turns.  But they worked with what they had, trying to cram the course on one side of an 800 person village.  HSer whipped me with a 16:29, never gained an inch on him, but I heard he has been sub-16 lately so that sort of speaks to the course.

16:54.  Really felt the vacation on this one.  Ran pretty even, 5:24-5:28-6:01 (1.1).  But course was very slow, never run a 5K with so many turns.  But they worked with what they had, trying to cram the course on one side of an 800 person village.  HSer whipped me with a 16:29, never gained an inch on him, but I heard he has been sub-16 lately so that sort of speaks to the course.

Nice go at it.  Lots of turns sure do make for a slower run.

Feeling the growl again

Nice go at it.  Lots of turns sure do make for a slower run.

I am pretty sure the 16-yr-old winner did not log 9 beers on Untappd the day before either.  Wink

Running well these days Spaniel!

And we run because we like it
                        Through the broad bright land

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

3000 tomorrow night. 10:23 to PR. Have been much slower this spring and summer than last year, so unlikely. McMillan predicts 10:44 based on my 5:26 mi last week, so be nice to get under 10:44.   The 5:26 was 1:27,1:22,1:20,1:17, so probably not optimally paced Smile

MTA: Then another mile the next week (7/23), so goal will be to improve 5:26.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Just a dude.

3000 tomorrow night. 10:23 to PR. Have been much slower this spring and summer than last year, so unlikely. McMillan predicts 10:44 based on my 5:26 mi last week, so be nice to get under 10:44.   The 5:26 was 1:27,1:22,1:20,1:17, so probably not optimally paced Smile

MTA: Then another mile the next week (7/23), so goal will be to improve 5:26.

I'll just make up information not provided for the chart... 

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'll just make up information not provided for the chart... 

I like the data you entered.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

7/14 - Roth Runner - Southern Vets 3000m - Perivale, London UK, Goal = Win.

Have been either good or bad this year so decided on mediocrity instead for this one! 

Got a ringer who ran about 9:00 flat so the win was out - struggled a bit in the last km and got out kicked by the same runner as the previous two races who was just cruising around tonight - that's the end of the track season for me and I can't say I'm that unhappy about it!!

Think I was about 9:41 high.