7/15

Night of Miles

1M

Litchfield, CT

4:50

Definitely ambitious.

Thunderstorms not going to let this happen tonight. But switching to:

7/17, White Woods XC Summer Series, 5K, Litchfield, CT, <17

First XC race ever for me. Should be a sloppy mud fest with the rain we've already gotten and should get today and tomorrow. But the weather on Thursday will be beautiful. Can't wait.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Have been either good or bad this year so decided on mediocrity instead for this one! 

Got a ringer who ran about 9:00 flat so the win was out - struggled a bit in the last km and got out kicked by the same runner as the previous two races who was just cruising around tonight - that's the end of the track season for me and I can't say I'm that unhappy about it!!

Think I was about 9:41 high.

Still, you had some solid races and laid down some quick times. Good work this season.

Still, you had some solid races and laid down some quick times. Good work this season.

Cheers.  To be honest I'm already marathon focused so it was all a bit of fun really - have fun in the XC tomorrow.....

Thunderstorms not going to let this happen tonight. But switching to:

First XC race ever for me. Should be a sloppy mud fest with the rain we've already gotten and should get today and tomorrow. But the weather on Thursday will be beautiful. Can't wait.

Good luck in your first XC race.  Everyone is different in what they like between roads, track and XC.  XC is by far the tops of the list for me.

I got one for this weekend:

Date: 7/19

Event: Door County Sprint Triathlon

Goal: <1:15

Distances are 400m swim, 18 mi bike, 3.1 mi run.  I'm good for all except my favorite part- the run.  My hamstring has been a raging bitch the last two weeks.  I tried running easy on Monday and flared it up good again.  I'm planning on not running at all the rest of the week in hopes that I'll be OK for Saturday.  If anything, I know I can jog the 5k and get through it.  It's only when I try tempo pace efforts that it flares up on me.

Should be fun!

MTA: location

16:58, 3OA.

Lost to 2 23 year olds who dropped me like it was nothing on "the hill" at 1.5. Managed to maintain distance after that, but it was over. But man, XC is really, really fun. Everything just went by in a blur of nature. Awesome.

Feeling the growl again

16:58, 3OA.

Lost to 2 23 year olds who dropped me like it was nothing on "the hill" at 1.5. Managed to maintain distance after that, but it was over. But man, XC is really, really fun. Everything just went by in a blur of nature. Awesome.

Outstanding!  I know what you mean, I miss being the one doing the dropping vs being dropped.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It was storming (thunder & lightning) so we didn't do the 3000, just a bunch of sprints. (I'm sure that makes sense, somehow.)

I am racing a 6hr race on the 26th, with goal to PR.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Roth Runner     7/19     Elmore 7 miler    Chipstead, UK.     40:30

Last minute race - it's hot and hilly today so it probably won't be quick....

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

3000 tomorrow night. 10:23 to PR. Have been much slower this spring and summer than last year, so unlikely. McMillan predicts 10:44 based on my 5:26 mi last week, so be nice to get under 10:44.   The 5:26 was 1:27,1:22,1:20,1:17, so probably not optimally paced Smile

MTA: Then another mile the next week (7/23), so goal will be to improve 5:26.

Raced a mile this morning, and improved, but not to the 5:20 for which I hoped:

1:22,1:20,1:22,1:20 for 5:23

DFL through three laps then passed the last two guys.

I got one for this weekend:

Date: 7/19

Event: Door County Sprint Triathlon

Goal: <1:15

Distances are 400m swim, 18 mi bike, 3.1 mi run.  I'm good for all except my favorite part- the run.  My hamstring has been a raging bitch the last two weeks.  I tried running easy on Monday and flared it up good again.  I'm planning on not running at all the rest of the week in hopes that I'll be OK for Saturday.  If anything, I know I can jog the 5k and get through it.  It's only when I try tempo pace efforts that it flares up on me.

Should be fun!

MTA: location

1:14:35

1AG/10OA

First tri with a real swim. Got hung up and a little freaked out in the first 100. Recovered, made the turn and swam in pretty well.  Bike went well and didn't get passed until the last 1/4 mile.  Averaged 23.4 mph on the bike.  Then, the run. Yes, the run. After not running pretty much all week, I thought the hamstring was good to go. After the first 200m, the hamstring gave a good tug and was tender/sore the rest of the way.  Kept it comfortable at a 6mpm pace.  The rest of me wanted to run faster but the hammy didn't.  Oh well. It at least turned out pretty well And I'm happy with the overall result.

Just a dude.

It was storming (thunder & lightning) so we didn't do the 3000, just a bunch of sprints. (I'm sure that makes sense, somehow.)

I am racing a 6hr race on the 26th, with goal to PR.

Added with made up details... Wink

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Just a dude.

Raced a mile this morning, and improved, but not to the 5:20 for which I hoped:

1:22,1:20,1:22,1:20 for 5:23

DFL through three laps then passed the last two guys.

So I'm guessing that mile was the one that you listed as on the 23rd?

If not, I'll add another one...

-Kelly

Just a dude.

Looks like lots of fun races and people making their goals quite often. Good job all!

-Kelly

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So I'm guessing that mile was the one that you listed as on the 23rd?

If not, I'll add another one...

-Kelly

No, the series we put on is on Tuesday evenings. We'll put on our last mile race the day after tomorrow. (Then we'll do 5000 next time, for our last meet.)

Yesterday I ran one put on by a larger club (of mine). I did work it -- rolling & unrolling mats, and shepherding people through the last lap -- (trying to) keeping track of who needs to go around & who needs to cross mat -- but I also raced it.

Would have actually had closer competition if I had raced the 5:30-6:00 heat -- lots of people ran faster than their heat seed times, across all the heats. In fact, in the 10-11 heat, I think all but one competitor came in under 10, and at least the lead was under 9.