3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July 2014 Racing Thread (Read 31 times)

Nice running all! (& biking, swimming mbehr....)

Ran 40:40 for 3OA yesterday - hot, humid and hilly so I was happy enough and a few pints after in a beautiful country pub made it a pretty good day.

Feeling the growl again

spaniel - 7/26 - Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - 6:55 (PR)

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

spaniel - 7/26 - Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - 6:55 (PR)

And you're going with Budweiser, huh?  Better be the 5% kind.  Some Budweiser is less than that depending on state regulations.

Feeling the growl again

And you're going with Budweiser, huh?  Better be the 5% kind.  Some Budweiser is less than that depending on state regulations.

Cans here say 5%, already checked.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

10 oz Bud, that's a good plan.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

10 oz Bud, that's a good plan.

I did buy some to practice and realized they were pints once I got them home, which sucked because I ended up with even more Bud to drink than intended.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Ahhhhh!

AP's avatar makes me want to grab a shovel.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Ahhhhh!

AP's avatar makes me want to grab a shovel.

I was waiting for you to see that.

I like to pet them.  With a crowbar.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I was waiting for you to see that.

I like to pet them.  With a crowbar.

Ha Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Oh, we're doing 5000 on the track on Tuesday. But I better way til after the 6hr run to put up a goal.

Just a dude.

AP, did you run your mile on the 23rd?

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

AP, did you run your mile on the 23rd?

-Kelly

Yeah. I had decided my goal was to not race hard, b/c of the 6hr run, but I still wound up running all the events somewhat harder than I should have, probably. Mile=5:57, 400=79. Untimed split on the 4x100 shuttle relay. Untimed backward + forward hop shuttle Smile

Ran the "5k" instead of the 8 miler, partly because due to construction the 8 miler was 7 miles this year, and partly because I figured I had a decent chance to bring home some cash.

not the fastest race - super hilly and course is actually 3.25 miles, but won back my entry fee ($25) with third place finish in 17:55. Overall is fun day, but bit of a solo effort. Had more fun doing 5 cool down miles with the winner - a high school coach who depends on racing to supplement his income. Interesting dude.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Forgot to post here:

mstuartm - Seattle Seafair Torchlight Parade 5k- < 20:00

Supposed to be something like 200,000 spectators, since the race is just before the parade. Should be a fun time.

19:13.....46 second PR if the course wasn't short (it's certified, so go figure).