3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April Racing Thread (Read 1407 times)

Can you add me to this list?

April 10th, Go! St. Louis Marathon. 3:05.

Finally, a racing thread I think I get on.  Been progressing well on my end so I think I'm going to jump in a 10k in a few weeks.

4/17 - NCO Springahead 10k

Goal ????

The last 10k I did was at the end of last August.  Shortly after that both my achilles got pissed off at me and it's been a roller coaster ride since.  Ran a 35:30 back then and I feel I'm much stronger and in better shape now.  Did a decent building w/o with hill repeats immediately followed by a tempo mile last night.  I held back from a hard mile and tried keeping it comfortable but harder...came in at 5:24.  Damn, didn't expect that.  It felt too easycomfortable after all that I did.

Have no idea what to shoot for at this point.  Haven't really done any w/o's for an overall fitness gauge so I'm going to have to follow-up in a week and see how things are feeling.

L Train

Are you trying to break my PR by 1 second?

Why does it always have to be about you?

Why does it always have to be about you?

heh.

This is not what your PM response said Wink

You will need to change your goal to sub 3:05 Mr. Train....since my race is before yours and all.

L Train

heh.

This is not what your PM response said Wink

You will need to change your goal to sub 3:05 Mr. Train....since my race is before yours and all.

Damn.  For some reason I thought yours was in May.  Foiled. 

I'm cutting off the heel tabs on all my shoes as we speak so we'll see if I can get myself in shape to give it a shot.  Before this AT my pie in the skjy goal was 3:06. 

No, it's April 10th....but i'll break your HM PR in May Wink

You are SO tweaking cutting off all the backs of your shoes. Why don't you just get a pair of these:

L Train

No, it's April 10th....but i'll break your HM PR in May Wink

You are SO tweaking cutting off all the backs of your shoes. Why don't you just get a pair of these: 

Those looks like something they wear in the nursing home. 

They might come in a different color, not sure Wink

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

L Train

So this is probably not exciting to anyone but me...but I got this email yesterday confirming what I already knew:

"Dear Athlete: Congratulations on being selected as an Elite Athlete for the 2011 GO! St. Louis Marathon. We look forward to your race participation and want to confirm our invitation package. Please review the following details of what we will provide:........"

And then they provided the details.

My first time (and probably one of the only) with "elite" status for a race. It feels cool. Girls only have to be < 3:10 runners there.

L Train

That is pretty cool.  A local guy has a 3 digit Boston number (which to me is pretty cool) and we were joking that up there there's probably some sort of heated lounge area with private heated bathrooms with those guys that hand out towels for tips and such.  For me in coach, I'm in the last corral so I have to go with the hefty bag and the widemouth gatorade bottle.  Maybe it's that way in St. Louis, too. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing how you do, your training seems like it's been really good, and this week looked great.

Feeling the growl again

So this is probably not exciting to anyone but me...but I got this email yesterday confirming what I already knew:

"Dear Athlete: Congratulations on being selected as an Elite Athlete for the 2011 GO! St. Louis Marathon. We look forward to your race participation and want to confirm our invitation package. Please review the following details of what we will provide:........"

And then they provided the details.

My first time (and probably one of the only) with "elite" status for a race. It feels cool. Girls only have to be < 3:10 runners there.

Of course it's cool.  I've had it at Steamtown and a HMs, you should be proud of it.  Some perks for all your hard work.

L Train, I have been told on pretty good authority that sub-2:26 will get you elite amenities at Boston. They stay in some church right by the starting line.  It was always my goal to get that for Boston....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TMorin

Of course it's cool.  I've had it at Steamtown and a HMs, you should be proud of it.  Some perks for all your hard work.

L Train, I have been told on pretty good authority that sub-2:26 will get you elite amenities at Boston. They stay in some church right by the starting line.  It was always my goal to get that for Boston....

Fastest non elite this year ran 2:25:15 at Berlin last fall so you have to at least beat that.

That is pretty cool.  A local guy has a 3 digit Boston number (which to me is pretty cool) and we were joking that up there there's probably some sort of heated lounge area with private heated bathrooms with those guys that hand out towels for tips and such.  For me in coach, I'm in the last corral so I have to go with the hefty bag and the widemouth gatorade bottle.  Maybe it's that way in St. Louis, too. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing how you do, your training seems like it's been really good, and this week looked great.

I get free entry, seeded number, elite corral, and to stay in the VIP tent until a few minutes before the race start (and after the race), which has....our own porta pottys!! That's pretty much the most awesome thing ever.

And thanks... i'm tired. That one week I tapered for that nonsense race in blizzard conditions was a waste, but overall i'm happy with the training. Not as many miles as I wanted to put in, but probably averaged a LITTLE more than I usually put in. Decent workouts. Decent long runs. I should be good...