3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March 16-22 (Read 11 times)

Just a dude.

Keep it going...

60+ miles

Get off the road

Keep losing weight...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

C-R

40+

Drop a pound

Survive the zombie apocalypse

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kcam

I'ma gonna shoot for 50+ this week.

My company just mandated everyone work from home until April 7th, as best we can.  The SF Bay Area (6 counties) are in 'shelter in place' mode.  I might be able to get in some good running, but it's gonna be raining which always saps my motivation.

kcam

Hey Kelly, did you get to enjoy yesterday morning's decent weather before the storm hit later in the day?

I got out to one of the local Open Space Preserves yesterday and caught a break in the weather.  It was gorgeous out there!  So awesome to run in those conditions, little wet but not muddy, 52 deg, sunny, trails!  Got in about 8 miles.  Today was about the same temps but grey and gloomy, didn't hit the trails.

Just a dude.

Yesterday was cold and windy with a bit of rain/snow. Today was less wind but lots of snow. During my run today it transitioned from wet pavement to snowy slush, and now a couple hours later there's probably 3+ inches in my driveway... Gonna be a crazy commute tomorrow.

-Kelly

C-R

Gyms all closed yesterday so I hit the roads in 45 and rain. Actually felt good after. Forgot the accomplishment part of going out in crap weather. Still slow and fat but working on it.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

kcam

"Still slow and fat but working on it".  I'll second that.

Thursday morning is our club's track workout day which I never am able to attend because, well, I work!   So with Shelter In Place going on I'm working from home (uhuh, really I am).  So I go down to the track this morning at 7:30 and .... no one's there.  I guess they called it off.  It was grey and gloomy but I decided to do a workout on my own.

Had the track all to myself, aside from a flock of geese in the infield.  Did two miles of warmup after which the clouds went away and glorious sun broke out.  45 deg and sunny and a nice track workout in front of you.  That is heaven.  Did 6X800, 400 jog averaging around 3:20 per interval.  Then a nice mile and half of cooldown.  I could sure get used to this 'working from home' thing!  Retirement here I come.

Keep at it guys and above all stay healthy.

kcam

52 miles this week with a 4.74 mile time trial yesterday (our club's normally scheduled workout but canceled so ... on my own) and a 16 miler this morning.  I ran 34:18 for the time trial which is good but I definitely would have gone faster if I'd had some people to race with.  Felt dam good for the 16'r.  Best news is that I was working from home all week and  I actually lost a couple pounds.  For the first time in more than a year I have dipped, for several days in a row, under 160 pounds.  Wooohoooo! 155 here I come!

CA Shelter In Place - As I said I'm now on WFH indefinitely.  My badge is locked out from the buildings I work at so if I need to go in I have to get permission from security first.  Usually I run my long runs on local bike paths as i have several within 10 miles of my house to choose from and they can all be 20mile runs on the paths.  This morning I decided to do the long run on local streets.  Turned out great as there were so few cars out I rarely even had to stop for traffic lights, just blew right through mostly.  Felt like a race where the roads were closed.  Plenty of runners and walkers out but they were on the sidewalk and I just stayed in the street to avoid getting close to them.

It's a little quiet in here ... hope you guys are all OK.

Just a dude.

Keep it going...

60+ miles

Get off the road

Keep losing weight...

-Kelly

68.5 total miles

Off the roads twice.

Down a little bit (221.2) Really having a hard time with weight this month...

Onward and upward!

-Kelly

C-R

Friggin weird times indeed. Glad we can still get out and run.

39 for me this week with one rest day. it snowed and sleeted today. ugh. Well it could be worse    We have several rolls of tp so it's all good. Stay safe people and run on.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Been busy, so I've been quiet.

But I am still rolling.

Yesterday was day 90 in a row. Plan to keep going unless the lockdown prohibits running and I cannot get our ancient treadmill to work. Or unless I get the COVID.

C-R

FTFY

Been busy, so I've been quiet.

But I am still rolling.

Yesterday was day 90 in a row. Plan to keep going unless the lockdown prohibits running and I cannot get our ancient treadmill to work. Or unless I get the COVID. too drunk to run