3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2015 First Quarter Weight Loss Thread (Read 35 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I skipped last quarter and it shows 

Start: 174

Goal: 165

Getting back to 170 is pretty easy, but I seem to plateau there. If I want to get below that I'll actually have to work for it.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Just a dude.

I think with the BF% in there, it's not needed.  At least that's the way it appears to be working.

It seems odd to me, but spits out 150 for me.  Since I know 145-147 is prime it's roughly sorta close.

It would be nice if I knew what my existing body fat percentage was. Playing with that number gave me a wide variety of different goal weights.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Feeling the growl again

Start - 151.8

Goal - 147

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just a dude.

Start: 197.6

Goal: 180

-Kelly

fine.

186.6 yesterday.

165 goal, for now.

real racing weight "should be" 139-142, says me, for my age and height.

kcam

Interesting that calculator.  It spits out 146lbs and 13% BF if I keep the current BF at 20 (which for all I know could be wildly off or dead on).  I'll say that the best racing I ever did, by far, was the one time I was able to get my weight down to 147 for awhile.  I suspect I could run much better at 140 but I don't think I'll ever know.

I need some accountability so I'm in.

Start: 143.8

Goal: 130

Kalsarikännit

Oh yeah...I won't be weighing in for the first week. I will be in Death Valley. I really don't want to weigh myself at the lowest point in the US. All that empty space below sea level is filled with extra gravitys. Science. (And I won't have a scale. Or an internet connection.)

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Prince of Fatness

Oh yeah...I won't be weighing in for the first week. I will be in Death Valley. I really don't want to weigh myself at the lowest point in the US. All that empty space below sea level is filled with extra gravitys. Science. (And I won't have a scale. Or an internet connection.)

Hurry back, we'll miss you!

W1 - 193.2

Last weigh in was New Year's Eve morning so this week has holiday gluttony built into it.  Next week I won't have any excuses.

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Enjoy.

WK 1 - 140.2

steph  

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

It would be nice if I knew what my existing body fat percentage was. Playing with that number gave me a wide variety of different goal weights.

This might help.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Just a dude.

This might help.

I've looked at those. I am somewhere between 14 and 20 percent by the pics. The calculator gave me 177 if I am at 20 percent, and 185 if I am at 14%. When I was in college, 155 seemed to be ideal for me. If I got down to 150, I'd feel weak. 160 and I'd feel heavy.

My goal right now is to get down to 175. I think 165 might be close to ideal now, but I am not sure that living almost 20 years over the 200 pound mark will let me get or stay there easily... 

(BTW, I am about 6'3")

-Kelly

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

(BTW, I am about 6'3")

Same here.  42yo.  Spent years around 192.  In HS I think I was 153.  In college a more healthy and muscular (for a runner-type) 165.  I don't really remember.

Last year at 162 I felt like a machine -- kinda felt like any lower would be detrimental, but it's hard to judge unless you go there.

172 feels like a good "training weight".  182 (where I seem to gravitate when not exercising) felt very cumbersome.  175 and I start feeling it on my knees.

From the pictures it seems I'm around 13% BF at 168.  Just a guess, though.

(just trying to give you a few comparative numbers/feels that you might hone in on something)

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Feeling the growl again

This might help.

Interesting.  That puts me at 12-14%.  The Takita scale rarely puts me above 10%.  But I think the 12% guy as more upper body definition than me so that throws it off.

It's really an estimate unless you do an immersion test.  Personally I just compare against prior personal experience with little care to what the real number is.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

If I could get to 14% body fat I'd feel like a stud. If I could get to 10% I'd be too sexy for my shirt. Too sexy.

I don't think my body fat's ever been that low. Even when I wore size 28 waist pants.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.