3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Dream races (Read 462 times)

DoppleBock

1)  http://www.baevents.com/bigmanrun/ - I know we are suppose to be serious and shit - But seriously I have wanted to do this particular race for 6 years - Just can't swing it.

2)  Comrades

3)  Andy's beer mile

I guess that is it ... I might decide to add a few 100 milers some day ...

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

obsessor

1)  http://www.baevents.com/bigmanrun/ - I know we are suppose to be serious and shit - But seriously I have wanted to do this particular race for 6 years - Just can't swing it.

2)  Comrades

3)  Andy's beer mile

I guess that is it ... I might decide to add a few 100 milers some day ...

1. IAU 100k World Cup.

2. Comrades

3. A road 100 mile race, one time thing, for a "fast" time.

4. The Olympic Trials Marathon ... a true dream race for me... the least likely, for obvious reasons.

Some Odds and ends

Fukuoka might be fun.

Marathon Du Medoc... for less than defensible reasons.

Living History Farms Cross Country Run.

I suppose I might run Boston sometime. Still not too excited by it.

Oh, and I have to add Strolling Jim back in there.

Any race I run a good time amidst good or fair competition, that's a good thing. 

Feeling the growl again

DB, that beer mile can happen easily.  Hell it isn't even far for you, much closer than Monkey.  2nd Annual this year.

1)  Olympic Marathon Trials -- close (in my mind anyways) but no cigar

Short list, but at this point I got to do a lot of the dream races I wanted to....USATF Indoor National Championships (ok so it was an exhibition DMR but I got to run there)....top 40 at Boston...USATF Marathon Relay team 2nd place...a 10K where I was all powerful and could do no wrong...

Years back, when I had just gotten good enough to have a sniff of my potential, I set the following lifetime goals.  These are basically where I figured my peak potential was:

5K- sub-15

10K- sub-31

HM- sub-1:09

M- sub-2:26

I only got the 10K but I could have taken down any of them at will that night.  The longer two by a wide, wide margin.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

ironman (distance race, don't care about the branding) or half ironman or Chesapeake Bay swim

The middle is least unlikely, but it would still require me to actually train the bike, so not currently likely.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

C-R

Any marathon where I can go under 3

Any half marathon I can go under 1:20

Any 10k I can go under 36

Any 5k I can go under 17

Andy's beer mile is a great event and I was honored to be at the inaugural and finish in the top 3.

Berlin or London or Fukuoka would be great marathons and Comrades would be the ultra.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Hawt and sexy

Hmmm. Right now all I got is USABA National Champs races. I plan to do the marathon next year. I would like to do a half if there is one. There is a 5k somewhere in Masshole land. heh

Living History Farms? That thing is just crazy. I might consider doing that one.

Tough Mudder. Not really a race, just looks like crazy fun.

I have done a big city marathon and was not impressed. So, Boston was replaced with Gansett (formerly Exeter Marathon), which I plan on running next April. I can swing up to see Boston and decide if I wish to have a go at it then.

I would like to run or race a marathon in Europe someday. London looks cool. As for now, any country besides the US would do.

I'm touching your pants.

Hawt and sexy

Oh, and any race in Andypants' back yard.

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

Oh, and any race in Andypants' back yard.

I'm sensing a growing list for the 2nd Annual Spaniel Cellars Beer Mile.  I will need to take better care of the track next year.

Add an Ironman to my list.  Probably when I am around 40, when my kids are old enough to let me dedicate time to learning how to swim right and I've given up all hope of running fast.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Purdey

Self anointed title

3)  Andy's beer mile

I would pay good money to see DB run a beer mile.

Purdey

Self anointed title

My dream races:

Leadville - coming true in 2011

Western States - may never happen, and I have no luck in lotteries

Spartathlon - more likely than WS

World 24hr - probably not, but I have a few years before I'm passed it

Kalsarikännit

Comrades, World 24 hr, eventually I would like to Slam, Massanutten in the Stonewall Jackson division (no crew, no pacer...I wish more 100's had this), Badwater Solo Crossing, and my back-up to my back-up in case I don't get into States, the Canadian Death Race.

Anything with "death race" in the name sounds like it could be a good time.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Purdey

Self anointed title

I would like to Slam Massanutten in the Stonewall Jackson

Is that a euphemism?

Carl A

Viaduct

Swim around Key West

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

DoppleBock

On the B - List due to the likelyhood

*   Spartathon

*  100k World Champ race

*   Fukova

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

The King of Beasts

On the B - List due to the likelyhood

*   Spartathon

*  100k World Champ race

*   Fukova

who is ova ?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”