3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Jan 20-26 Training (Read 15 times)

DoppleBock

I think I am ready to start phase #2 ~ Add light speed work.  I will have to ramp down the amount of vertical to make room.

Goals for the week

>= 70 Miles

>= 4,000 vertical

WO#1 - 10x1 minute with 2 minute recoveries

WO#2 - 20@ T

3x Weights

No Alcohol

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Just a dude.

My goals for the week:

45 miles total

15 mile long run

Get off the road at least once. (still a lot of snow out there...)

Keep losing weight.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Goal: Keep rolling.

DoppleBock

Also - I really have to increase efforts on the consumption side = Better foods and liquids that go into my body.  I was losing weight slow and steady by just getting miles everyday, but that is now slowing.  I would like to see 255# on the scale by the end of the week.

C-R

Running streak continues. Starting VB6 this week to get healthier diet. This may be interesting but it was supported by some sort of monkey man doctor so it must be a good idea. 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

Thanks - I had to look it up.  I could use a hook to get me on a better consumption path ... not sure if this is it.

Running streak continues. Starting VB6 this week to get healthier diet. This may be interesting but it was supported by some sort of monkey man doctor so it must be a good idea. 

kcam

I looked it up too.  Thinkin' on it some.  I kind of already do that but not strict for sure.  Today's lunch that I just finished was a bunch of raw baby carrots, raw cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, and <OOPSIES> a hardboiled egg.  That's my lunch M-F, no b'fast.  Weekends is whatever I feel like.  I think my dietary focus needs to be on the weekends.

DoppleBock

I did my 1st speed workout of 20 minutes at LAT last night - It was not horrible ...

YMCA TM

4.5 Miles easy warm up

T-Shirt Change

20 Minutes at LAT 2.6 miles (Yup that is T right now)

2.1 mile cool down

I think the pace was pretty good representation of LAT - I had to focus on breathing - But gasping at all.  I could have run faster, but it was fast enough that I had to keep focus on form to make the effort comfortably hard.

It leaves me excited for the next one and really helps point out I need to lose weight.

I do have to remind myself - This is a restart ... find joy in the process ... the old you is dead.  Discover the new you.

C-R

Watch "Game Changer" on Netflix. It will help with the plant based theory and high performance athletes.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

I did my 1st speed workout of 20 minutes at LAT last night - It was not horrible ...

I think the pace was pretty good representation of LAT - I had to focus on breathing - But gasping at all.  I could have run faster, but it was fast enough that I had to keep focus on form to make the effort comfortably hard.

It leaves me excited for the next one and really helps point out I need to lose weight.

Nice LAT effort and good control of keeping the effort/pace where it should be.  Hard to resist not pushing it to time trial effort.

C-R, we’ve had a lot of friends watch Game Changer and really liked it.  Still on our “to watch” list. We like our cheese and burgers and eggs...not sure about cutting all of that out.

DoppleBock

My wife is a RN - But refuses most nutrition suggestions ... I have done it before - But it is hard to adopt a different eating philosophy than your spouse.

She likes her bread and rice white ... her potatoes plentiful and the only good meat has come from a cow or a pig.  We have a cupboard full of kids sugary cereal and only my wife eats it ... except I will occasionally have some under the context of dessert.

we do eat chicken 1-2 times a week.

If I am going to be successful with a nutrition plan in my house --->  I can increase the amount of plant based food we eat dramatically, I can eliminate some red meat and cheese (Maybe 50%), eggs stay.  I can increase the frequency of potatoes to replace white pasta or white rice.

It will mean I have to do most the shopping and cooking in the house - Wife really does not like to cook ... so if I do the cooking I can pick the meals.

I have learned to adjust the rules of the battle to give me the best chance to win - So I can move us toward better eating in a way that we can be successful.

I was looking for a new hobby of project ... I had not though of this as one.

Nice LAT effort and good control of keeping the effort/pace where it should be.  Hard to resist not pushing it to time trial effort.

C-R, we’ve had a lot of friends watch Game Changer and really liked it.  Still on our “to watch” list. We like our cheese and burgers and eggs...not sure about cutting all of that out.

Feeling the growl again

I'm forcing myself to take 3 weeks no running as I do think I have some sort of stress fracture.  Plan to slowly mix some treadmill running in then....no outdoors for some time.

I am being aggressive on the spin bike and consistent for the first time in a long time, have a nice streak started with frequent doubles.  It is a very different exercise but I'm acclimating.  Almost two hours total yesterday, pain from the saddle is the limiting factor (even with proper gear).

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Awesome that you are keeping your focus - Sucks that you are injured

I'm forcing myself to take 3 weeks no running as I do think I have some sort of stress fracture.  Plan to slowly mix some treadmill running in then....no outdoors for some time.

I am being aggressive on the spin bike and consistent for the first time in a long time, have a nice streak started with frequent doubles.  It is a very different exercise but I'm acclimating.  Almost two hours total yesterday, pain from the saddle is the limiting factor (even with proper gear).

DoppleBock

I am struggling a bit with motivation the last two weeks - But I will just keep faking it until I make it

C-R

Stress fracture sounds no bueno. Good plan on biking.

Keep faking it until you make it DB. That's been my call.

Achilles is much better even managed to run in low 8 mpm yesterday. Just having a hell of a time dropping weight.